• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms group that doesn't believe in the rights of gun owners.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
phred, rotty is already a member, remember? I don't think WCI has said what its renewal cost is going to be. If it has, I must have missed it. :(

We will mail out 2011 renewals with an option to renew online, but we don't have it all in place yet. Been busy with constitutional carry stuff.

We haven't decided what renewal cost is going to be. Probably $10, but don't send anything in yet. We aren't ready for renewals yet. Need to get 2011 decals ordered, etc.

protias

We will mail out 2011 renewals with an option to renew online, but we don't have it all in place yet. Been busy with constitutional carry stuff.

We haven't decided what renewal cost is going to be. Probably $10, but don't send anything in yet. We aren't ready for renewals yet. Need to get 2011 decals ordered, etc.
I understand! Keep it up Nik. We really need to be able to carry where and when we please, but I don't need to say that to you.

I'm in no rush right now anyway, but when it comes time, I'll be sending mine in when you are ready. :)

IcrewUH60

Anyone remember this?

"I'm convinced that we have to have federal legislation to build on. We're going to have to take one step at a time, and the first step is necessarily -- given the political realities -- going to be very modest. Of course, it's true that politicians will then go home and say, 'This is a great law. The problem is solved.' And it's also true that such statements will tend to defuse the gun-control issue for a time. So then we'll have to strengthen that law, and then again to strengthen that law, and maybe again and again. Right now, though, we'd be satisfied not with half a loaf but with a slice. Our ultimate goal -- total control of handguns in the United States -- is going to take time. My estimate is from seven to ten years. The problem is to slow down the increasing number of handguns sold in this country. The second problem is to get them all registered. And the final problem is to make the possession of all handguns and all handgun ammunition -- except for the military, policemen, licensed security guards, licensed sporting clubs, and licensed gun collectors -- totally illegal."

-- Nelson Shields, Co-founder and Chairman Emeritus, Handgun Control, Inc., Source: A Reporter At Large: Handguns, The New Yorker, July 26, 1976, 57-58 ** Handgun Control, Inc is now the Brady Campaign to Prevent Handgun Violence.

Now why on earth would I want to "register" my handguns and beg the state for a "license"? For the revenue? For the training? I think not.

bigdaddy1

Sent emails to my representatives

Here is a copy of the email I just sent to my reps. Same one went to Carpenter.

Hello again Representative Krusick,

I have been reading a lot of on line information posted by schools that offer concealed carry permit training, that they are lobbying hard to have a training requirement and permit system in Wisconsin. I want to go on record that I am vehemently against this as Wisconsin does not need more taxes or fees. We already have the right to openly carry firearms, with out any permit or training requirements. Why would we need to pay a fee (just another word for tax) just to cover up? Schools that are pushing for this are only looking to cash in on those that will seek this right if we are forced with some permit required system. Keep in mind, that making training and permits a requirement degrades a right to a privilege. I support Constitutional Carry for Wisconsin.
Sincerely.
7Th District

bigdaddy1

It took me all of 15 minutes to fire that email off. Find your rep and send an email expressing your displeasure in the intended CC permit system.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Does WCI have a lobbyist on retainer?

This may be a good use of funds, we as a class need some to lobby for constitutional carry.

I do know a reputable person (he coauthored the preemption bill) who would enjoy taking the side of constitutional carry and lobby it.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
This may be a good use of funds, we as a class need some to lobby for constitutional carry.

I do know a reputable person (he coauthored the preemption bill) who would enjoy taking the side of constitutional carry and lobby it.

If there was a need for some additional $$ to fund someone with legislative connections and knowledge to watch out for our interests, it would be money well spent. Members should be willing throw a few or a little more than a few extra bucks for it. Money is the mother's milk of politics, and we are in a political fight.

Last edited:

bigdaddy1

I applied for (didn't get) a lobbyist job once, the pay scale started about $40,000.00 a year (this was maybe 20 years ago) so unless WCI has a lot more funds that I think, it would be pretty hard to pay for a full time lobbyist.

M

McX

when it comes to 'gun groups' WCI also stands for: Were Clearly It!

WCI- the beautiful people, carrying guns, deterring crimes, spending money, educating, socializing.
WCI: it's everywhere you want to be!
WCI- dont leave home without it!

bigdaddy1

From what I have been able to discern, those that are lobbying for regulated carry are far fewer in numbers than those who would not like such stringent and potentially expensive carry regulations. The problem is that unless the politicians hear an opposing recommendation they will apply what ever information they have been given. So don't assume that someone else will provide that opposing view, make sure by writing, calling or emailing your state Representatives. Even if that Representative is anti-gun rights or not, their job is to be the voice of the people in government, not our conscience.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Writting letters and emails should be done, but ask yourself did you receive a thank you from the legislator for work on their behalf during the campaign or for a donation? If the answer is no, the chances are that it will screened and replied to by a staffer. There is a reason why ex-legislators and their staffs become lobbists. They know the system.

We are against a foe that has spent 15 years interacting with the legislature, as well the Milwaukee-Madison anti-firearm mayors and their few remaining Wisconsin MAiG wannabes as well as, if they stay true to form, the Wisconsin Police Chiefs Association. What it spells out is a great deal of lobbying expertise that will be used against us.

By the time a bill becomes public, its rolling. It is the sponsors of a bill that gives drafting orders to the LRB. The antis will offer admendments to weaken by regulation. WCI, or in cooperation with firearm rights organizations, needs someone who can sit with the sponsors and make its wishes known. Be assured the law enforcement organizations will be doing so.

bigdaddy1

Writting letters and emails should be done, but ask yourself did you receive a thank you from the legislator for work on their behalf during the campaign or for a donation? If the answer is no, the chances are that it will screened and replied to by a staffer. There is a reason why ex-legislators and their staffs become lobbists. They know the system.

We are against a foe that has spent 15 years interacting with the legislature, as well the Milwaukee-Madison anti-firearm mayors and their few remaining Wisconsin MAiG wannabes as well as, if they stay true to form, the Wisconsin Police Chiefs Association. What it spells out is a great deal of lobbying expertise that will be used against us.

By the time a bill becomes public, its rolling. It is the sponsors of a bill that gives drafting orders to the LRB. The antis will offer admendments to weaken by regulation. WCI, or in cooperation with firearm rights organizations, needs someone who can sit with the sponsors and make its wishes known. Be assured the law enforcement organizations will be doing so.

I did get a thank you from his wife via email for my assistance and support during his election. I also received a discount offer to buy tickets for the inauguration (LOL). I have not sent him a message yet, as he will only sign the bill, the state representatives will be the drafters of the note. I will send Gov. Walker an email as well just to ensure he knows we are watching him.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
I did get a thank you from his wife via email for my assistance and support during his election. I also received a discount offer to buy tickets for the inauguration (LOL). I have not sent him a message yet, as he will only sign the bill, the state representatives will be the drafters of the note. I will send Gov. Walker an email as well just to ensure he knows we are watching him.

Excellent !!!

icepik

I'm 1 of the 138...lol

I just looked at their Yahoo Groups membership. It only has 138 members in 6 years!

I joined to keep an eye on what they're up to.

You'd be surprised at the gibberish they post daily.

While they appear to be working on a bill...just revising the previous version...I have no idea if they actually have a way to get it anywhere.

They are ALL about permits, the head honcho is a trainer and has specifically stated they need to make a living.

He's also stated that people shouldn't be just running around with guns un-trained...I still can't find anyone who can explain to my how carrying a firearm with my shirt over it suddenly requires training.

I chuckle everyday when I get my daily digest e-mail from their yahoo group and read some of the crazy stuff they write. And trust me, some of them can't even write a complete sentence. It is quite amusing.

From the daily digest e-mails I get, I can tell you honestly, in the last 3 weeks of messages, there's about 5-10 active members.