• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms prohibited on Roanoke buses

scouser

What? and put technology to good use?

Next you'll be suggesting GPS locators, flight recording black boxes and on board video cams. Those things would make it much more difficult for liars to lie - can't have that :p

+1

Last edited by a moderator:

half_life1052

You are correct

I think he meant they knew it was illegal up until the point someone (Jero1987) made it an issue for them. We discussed it here a few years back and GLTC quickly made the change to get rid of the prohibition.

Edit: Looks like Ed reached them first: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...urg-Transit-Company-No-Weapons&highlight=GLTC

Jmelvin, that is what I was referring to. BTW, the recordings on the bus still had the firearms portion the last I knew. You know the one that starts "For the comfort of our riders . . " . I must admit it has been a few years now. I left GLTC in 2013 to work for Rackspace.

half_life1052

I am pretty sure

That Roanoke buses are equipped with radios and on board DVR's. The driver also has a panic button that will cause all kinds of things to happen, including changing the head sign to "Call 911 --- Emergency"

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Jmelvin, that is what I was referring to. BTW, the recordings on the bus still had the firearms portion the last I knew. You know the one that starts "For the comfort of our riders . . " . I must admit it has been a few years now. I left GLTC in 2013 to work for Rackspace.

I have never used a GLTC bus, so I have no idea what they may say on their recordings. I do recall you helping us out figuring out the ownership and I certainly appreciate it! Good to see you Texans will now have some means of open carry down there.

half_life1052

I haven't been on one since I left the company. To be clear they had me disable the recording but leave it in place. Since I no longer manage the systems (or anything else IT related at GLTC) I couldn't tell you what was done after I left.

Aye, Texas is stepping into open carry January 1st. I have been studying for my test (range time). I probably will take the class in the next month or two and will have a license around the middle of January.