• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms safety.

amzbrady

Better himself than someone else, also a good thing that he didnt screw it up and wind up the states problem in a home drooling all over himself and needed assistance to wipe. This is what I consider poetic justice. Maybe there is a way to fix stupid. The story is short and very uninformative, there is a little more here, http://www.columbian.com/news/2010/nov/20/deputies-man-accidentially-shoots-kills-himself/

Make me wonder if they werent playing Russian Roulett, a suicide, or a someone else screwed up and shot him, either way guns and alcohol dont mix.

devildoc5

sounds VERY similar to a situation my cousin was in a decade ago in rural IL...only there was no ETOH just coke and him and a buddy tried to "hide the suicide weapon so his parents would not be hurt even more".....

If you catch my meaning...

BTW my cousin got 10 months for obstruction of justice relating to trying to hide the weapon.... Nice justice system huh?

FMCDH

Ahhhh, Darwin strikes again!

If your gonna be dumb with a gun, you have to be tougher than the bullet.

Thats what I always say. ;-)

amlevin

The house was occupied at the time of the shooting by numerous adults who had been consuming alcohol at the time of the shooting, the press release said.

There's that common denominator that appears in most firearm "Accident" scenarios, the consumption of alcohol. Right up there with the statements "Hey, watch this" and "Hold my beer while I show you sump'n".

If there is any good news in this, at least an innocent bystander wasn't the victim.

Last edited:

oldkim

Just another one for the book....

Darwin Awards 2010...

Sounds like the same situation last year when a guy showing his neighbor how safe his guns are (assumed it was unloaded) and proceeded to put it to his head to prove it. Last thing he ever did. Bad for the neighbor and in this situation his friend to experience how a simple violation of Gun Safety Rule #1 (Always assume a firearm to be loaded).

Sad situation... At the very least he only hurt himself.

Last edited:

amzbrady

sounds VERY similar to a situation my cousin was in a decade ago in rural IL...only there was no ETOH just coke and him and a buddy tried to "hide the suicide weapon so his parents would not be hurt even more".....

If you catch my meaning...

BTW my cousin got 10 months for obstruction of justice relating to trying to hide the weapon.... Nice justice system huh?

Honesty IS the best policy... IMO

devildoc5

Well, did he do it? If so then that't justice. If he didn't then that might be another story.

He did hide the weapon, I was more talking about there was no way to prove who was holding the weapon when it fired so no one got in trouble for it. Even though there was SIGNIFICANT evidence it was a "drug coup" as the cops put it...