• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First run-in with an anti while open carrying

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mzmtg wrote:
Your mind is the weapon.

The gun, knife, fist, stick, rock, cup of coffee, shoe, nail clippers, bottle of shampoo containing more than 3 fluid ounces, rabid raccoon, etc are all just tools.

Oh boy.:shock:If that's the case, I'm in trouble. Been having allot of miss fires and constant jamming lately. Probalby needs cleaning, but I'm afraid I'll never get it all back together correctly.

:banghead:

Dreamer

imported post

TaskForce,

I'd be willing to bet if you got one of THESE:

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/dunkkitart.shtml

and replaced the standard cleaning fluid with something that comes in 750ml bottles from the Speyside of Scotland and dunked your bean into that, you'd feel a lot better. :p

Probably wouldn't improve the accuracy, speed or reliability of your brain, but you wouldn't notice or care as much... :lol:

Of course, it should be noted that this "brain cleaner" is TOTALLY incompatible with firearms. I think that goes without saying...

Jblack44

imported post

I'm thinking my anwser woud be to that question would be.

Why aren't you?????

If it's followed upby anti retoric from the person i will then respond "Oh, ok. Have a nice day" and walk away .

Anubis

imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
Why aren't you?????
A good answer, succinct, and it might possibly induce logicalthought in the questioner.

After much consideration, here's what I selected as my standard answer: "Imagine a situation arising where one's having a pistol saves his life. If it happens to me, I live. If it happens to you, you die." As yet, no one has attempted to refute that example.

mzmtg

imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
I'm thinking my anwser woud be to that question would be.

Why aren't you?????

If it's followed upby anti retoric from the person i will then respond "Oh, ok. Have a nice day" and walk away .

I used that once.

Someone asked, "Why do you carry a gun?"

I answered, "Oh, probably for the same reasons you do."

"I don't."

I finished with , "Well, you should consider it" and went on my way.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

There is a speech mannerism thatI can't define as to location... or even origin but it comes off similar to what you'de expect from a gradeschooler:

"Is that supposed to be a (real) gun?" I've been asked that in those very words... and have yet to come up with a proper response.

Anubis

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
"Is that supposed to be a (real) gun?" I've been asked that in those very words... and have yet to come up with a proper response.
Maybe "You are free to suppose anything you like".

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Anubis wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
Maybe "You are free to suppose anything you like".
Ilike that... thanx :)