• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First stop Canton

REALteach4u

I'm from Missouri and have an odd question.

Since when does the State own liquor stores? Conversation states that the LEO indicated he was in "a State liquor store".
I'm assuming it was meant to indicate a State licensed liquor store rather than how it read.

Fuller Malarkey

Since when does the State own liquor stores? Conversation states that the LEO indicated he was in "a State liquor store".
I'm assuming it was meant to indicate a State licensed liquor store rather than how it read.

There are 18 states in the U.S. that have state monopoly over the wholesaling and/or retailing of some or all categories of alcoholic beverages, such as beer, wine, and distilled spirits. Ohio is one of them.

rugerlcr357lg

From Canton

This particular thread is how I stumbled upon this website. I was specifically searching for info regarding LEO attitude towards OC in Canton. I have been considering OC as opposed to CCW for preventative reasons. To the OP and anybody else familiar with Canton I live in Ridgewood Castle on 17th st NW. A neighborhood that has been called Lawless by city council members who have as of yet been ignored in their attempts to arrange a meeting with the management of this 100+ unit complex. My thoughts are that openly carrying in a non hostile manner will make the many many unsavory types that live and/or hang around this neighborhood think twice before either breaking in my apartment or harassing my wife and kids. So through the combination of that line of thinking and the wonderful power of Google I found this thread on this great site. Thanks to the OP and his unpleasant encounter I may just start shopping at the Raff Rd Giant Eagle since thanks to him they have been made aware the legality of OC. Anyway forgive me for basically interrupting and contributing nothing to the conversation just figured this Canton thread was as good a place as any to introduce myself.

Ohio has it's very own site you can also look at.
www.Ohiooc.org
I'm in Canton also,...and welcome!

rugerlcr357lg

Ohio owning the liquor stores

I think it said somewhere earlier in this thread that Ohio no longer owns the liquor stores, but some signs still say "State Liquor Store".