• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

flat tire argument for CC or Oc

Dreamer

imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:
Oh, I do understand, Dreamer... Each to his own and it's none of my business, but I just hate to see anyone kissing up to "authoritah" with a remark like that. We all have to deal with the reality of the stupidity all around us... but darn...
I'm in total agreement with you on that.

But I also have seen the videos of John "Jack" McKenna, and he wasn't even armed...

I have worked with LEA's in MD (in a previous job) and I know how they think. I know how they train. I know how the prosecutors work. And needless to say, I fear "the system" in MD FAR more than I fear the "thug-life". It's a sick, sad situation, but it is the truth...

If I get mugged, I can most likely recover.

But if I get jacked by the police for carrying in MD, there is NO remedy...

It's a SICK situation when the only way to preserve your rights in lawful states is to relinquish them while traveling in lawless states. (and MD isn't so much a state as it is an organized criminal conspiracy...)

Of course, I can't understand why anyone who wants to own their life and take responsibility for their own safety would live there - anywhere on the east OR left coast.
Again, I'm in total agreement with you on that. I've been working on my stepdaughters for three years to convince them to move out of MD at their earliest opportunity. One is in school there, and will most likely move when she graduates (although in her field, the two most attractive states for employment are NY and CA, which are no better than MD). The other has a baby, and a husband with a VERY good job, so getting them to move is a little more complicated. I am pushing them toward VA or WV, but it's an uphill battle. They are young, and don't really see the "bigger picture" yet...

But that's just me. Living free to OC, and pretty much everything else in Wyoming. :D
I hear ya. If NH wasn't so darn cold, I'd move the whole "famn damily' up there. Now, THEY have it right with regards to the 2A...

lil_freak_66

imported post

used the flat tire before,as well as the fire extinguisher.

fire extinguisher works the best on people whom have been affected by fires imo.

abearir

I just got back from an extended vacation and while out, suffered my 5th flat tire/blow-out in 30 years of driving. In these same 30 years, I've personally been shot at on 5 separate occasions. The last time, the party got off about 12-13 rounds while I flung my pregnant wife (8months) on the ground and laid on top of her...... Simple math shows me I'm AT LEAST as likely to be shot at as to have a flat. I don't go into the backwoods hunting without a spare tire either.

Last edited: