• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida Carry Legislative Alert - SB 234 Stalled in Committee

Sgt J. Ivy

better question. Is this it for OC this year? i know that there is always next year...i just moved from Idaho and loved OC there.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
better question. Is this it for OC this year? i know that there is always next year...i just moved from Idaho and loved OC there.

1) Welcome to OCDO!

2) Why, in that Name of all that is Good and Decent, would you move here intentionally?

To answer your question, there is a bit of arm twisting going on behind the scenes. Something could give by the 4th, but it's not looking good.

There are too many Neocon/Liberal Statists in key positions. They're trying to pass the buck and still get their way. And they're good at it. Florida may be one of the most corrupt States in the country. the Good Ol' Boys are not going quietly into the night... But they WILL be going.

Sgt J. Ivy

1) Welcome to OCDO!

2) Why, in that Name of all that is Good and Decent, would you move here intentionally?

To answer your question, there is a bit of arm twisting going on behind the scenes. Something could give by the 4th, but it's not looking good.

There are too many Neocon/Liberal Statists in key positions. They're trying to pass the buck and still get their way. And they're good at it. Florida may be one of the most corrupt States in the country. the Good Ol' Boys are not going quietly into the night... But they WILL be going.

Well it was not by choice...Military does have its say. well i am behind u guys as much as i can be!!

Rich7553

Welcome to Florida. No, it's not over until it's over. I realize that's a pretty trite thing to say, but I believe SB 234 will make it through both Judiciary and Rules in time. Barely, but in time.

And thank you for your service!

Last edited:

Rick H

I am, shockingly, not so optimistic. I won't believe it until I see it. Even then, LE is going to be attacking OCers left and right.

Every time I see LEO I ask them as to their opinion about opencarry here in South Hillsborough County and I have found it to be around 7 out of 10 for it or no opinion at all so I have a good feeling here in this part of town but won't know until it passes.

Last edited:

j4l

Every time I see LEO I ask them as to their opinion about opencarry here in South Hillsborough County and I have found it to be around 7 out of 10 for it or no opinion at all so I have a good feeling here in this part of town but won't know until it passes.

Exactly,w/e the Sheriff's Associations may have to say about it, the cops on the street, in most places, and most of the ones I've asked about, it are all for it or just dont care enough either way to bother anyone about it unless they are going out of their way to raise some eyebrows.
I just returned from an extended trip from Jax to Key West and back, and made a point of asking LE's everywhere I saw them. My results in favor were closer to 9 out of 10. The one I've spoken to who isnt crazy about the idea was a Miami cop.

This is Florida, not NY or DC or Commiefornia. Folks,including LE's, are a lot more open to the concept than people give credit for. In most places, the paranoia is much ado about notta.

Piolin

7. Second Amendment Bills OPEN CARRY: Sen. Greg Evers sponsored SB 234 that would allow concealed-weapons-licensed gun owners to openly carry their weapons. Representative Dorworth has a similar bill HB517 in the House. SB 234 has been stalled in the Senate Judiciary Committee since March 16. Senator Anitere Flores (R-Miami/Dade) is the chairperson for this committee. The bill's sponsor, Senator Evers, has sent multiple formal requests to get the bill scheduled. The next committee meeting is April 4, and SB 234 is still not on the agenda for this meeting. It is critical that this bill get scheduled and heard, as it still has to pass both this committee and the Senate Rules Committee prior to the end of committee meetings for the session. ACTION ALERT Call Sen. Anitere Flores Senate Judiciary Committee Chair and ask her to place SB234 on the committee agenda.850-487-5130 flores.anitere.web@flsenate.gov CS/HB517 has passed all committee stops and is now set for a final vote on the House floor. Call your Representative and ask them to vote YES on CS/HB517. STATE JURISDICTION: SB 402, a bill that would limit gun regulation to the state and prohibits all local governments from passing or enforcing gun rules and regulations. It includes fines for violations. Rep. Matt Gaetz has a similar bill, HB 45, in the House. CS/SB402 is on the Senate Judiciary Committee agenda for this Monday (04/04/11), 3:15PM, 110 Senate Office Building. CS/HB45 passed the House Community & Military Affairs subcommittee and is now in the House Judiciary Committee.

http://www.google.com/m/url?ei=crGZ...jAAOAo&usg=AFQjCNHNFuDN8rebvq-fvnVgJ84ZcOLpxQ