• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida Open Carry Bill

77zach

There are Republican supermajorities in both Houses. How can the House pass it without a problem and the Senate struggle at every step?

Because "supporting the rkaba" means nothing. Unless they satisfactorily answer the below questions, you can't trust anyone. People don't care enough to probe.

1. Do you believe that the Constitution is the "supreme law of the land" and that the Bill of Rights acknowledges our birthrights?

2. If so, should these rights be proactively protected from infringement by all levels of government, including city, county and state?

3. Please give some examples of gun laws you consider constitutional.

4. Please give some examples of gun laws you consider unconstitutional.

5. Does the right to bear arms include the right for any peaceable citizen to carry them concealed or openly without a permit, as in Vermont?

6. Do you believe that Americans have a right to own, use and carry weapons of military pattern, and will you use the prestige of elected office to publicly promote that right?

7. Do you support or oppose registration of weapons? Why?

8. Do you support or oppose licensing requirements to own or carry firearms?
Why?

9. What specific gun laws will you work to get repealed?

Last edited:

Rich7553

Hello Rich,

Sorry for the mistake, I didn't realize that DE50 hadn't written it till after I had posted.

No problem Bob, I'm just yanking you. I pretty much do all of the legislative releases for Florida Carry, but they tend to be late night efforts and sometimes I'm not sure that I've done the topic justice. It's nice to know that they are appreciated.

tcfla

Panama City Beach, FL /Home from Afghanistan
Riled up. . .

I glad you are so happy about giving up my rights so I can be harassed about my weapon, if I am/am not carrying my CWL permit. Why not let them move into my house if they want. Take my car?? Sure! Let’s not upset the Law Man!

rvrctyrngr

I glad you are so happy about giving up my rights so I can be harassed about my weapon, if I am/am not carrying my CWL permit. Why not let them move into my house if they want. Take my car?? Sure! Let’s not upset the Law Man!

What in the world are you talking about? :confused:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Just don't get everybody riled up enough to re-revoke our OC rights, however limited they may be...

This is what he is talking about.

Phoenix wants to carry a gun, but not on a constitutional basis. He wants to carry a gun AND submit to searches and seizures that are unconstitutional. You know? Kind of like the jews did, so they didn't upset the Nazis with the guns.

"HEY YOU! SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS"

"Not a problem officer!"

77zach

It may be a moot point now. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see this getting out of committee. Of course I didn't think Dean would let it get out of stop 1 either. This is what American "conservatives" want, Neoconservatism. Jackboots, crosses, flags, and apple pie.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I find it ironic that a Parent who's child was killed as a result of these disgusting restrictions would go on record to support them with the hopes that it will happen to another. And want it so bad as to pull personal strings to make sure of it.

Sick.

protect our rights

I find it ironic that a Parent who's child was killed as a result of these disgusting restrictions would go on record to support them with the hopes that it will happen to another. And want it so bad as to pull personal strings to make sure of it.

Sick.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he "hopes it happens to another". I just think that he is misguided on certain issues. He unfortunately believes that criminals listen to laws. Thats weird we sure do seem to have a lot of people behind bars. There goes that theory.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
If the restrictions didn't work, why continue to support them? Your kid is dead! Why guarantee the same fate to others? Sick!

The major difference between Statists and Libertarians, Is that the Statist will sacrifice their own offspring to the cause. Well, for my perspective, this is the fundamental, underlying difference. Hatred so severe, they'll kill their own kids to force their interests upon others.

Inevitable human nature.

Rich7553

It may be a moot point now. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see this getting out of committee. Of course I didn't think Dean would let it get out of stop 1 either. This is what American "conservatives" want, Neoconservatism. Jackboots, crosses, flags, and apple pie.

I believe it will make it through both committees in time. And just to put all this into perspective, it took 7 years for Marion Hammer and the NRA to get shall-issue concealed carry through the legislature.