• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Forced to leave Best Buy

mahkagari

One more stupid law CO has is that trapping ban. Yeah good luck catching coyotes in cage traps...

The season's open year round at least. It's not clear if geese are legal for my 7yo daughter to lasso from the regs. Need to check.

M-Taliesin

said in a purely sarcastic voice You're pretty persistent about showing off that hat.....(hope you find the humor in that as much as I do)

Back to your regularly schedule argument.

Howdy!
Yeppers. I've found the whole kerfuffle about that particular pretty hysterical myself, so I poke fun where possible.
Glad I didn't mention that I often carry around several hundred dollars worth of gold I got for free with my really expensive metal detector.
And the gold I found with that will help make my car payment on my really expensive car. And the car can help me buy more really expensive gasoline so I can go to places to get more gold and buy really expensive guns! LOL!

It just never ends! Especially when going to the really expensive supermarket to buy overly expensive groceries so I can get enough points to score a .10c per gallon discount on their overly expensive gasoline. That way I can drive over to make a payment on my extremely expensive vet bill, cable payment and real expensive bill for my wireless service to support my Android phone!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

XD40coyote

I can open carry while checking my body gripping and steel jawed traps...

Are you saying "livetrapper" that you are OK with the trapping ban? I guess the cage trap nuisance trade is lucrative in CO these days. Kind of hard to remove bad coyotes though. Poor AZ has the same problem with all that public land everywhere. I also pity WA. 3 good gun rights states with peta-esque bleeding heart sheeple-public trapping bans. I won't include MA and NJ, we all know what a bunch of tryants those states hold. FL's ban on body grips and foot traps- the houndsmen must still be in power- pity of 2 outdoorsy groups pitted against eachother. And HSUS is so proud of all the crap they have wrought.

I can also go into PA and OC, using a FL lisc for vehicle transport in PA. MD is being worked on with a court case. One court down, 4th circuit next since the commie bastards that run this state have been allowed to appeal. MD is one of the old boy states- a combo of Jim Crow and progressive BS grips it. Or refer to what Dreamer said in the MD forum in his "bash other gun forums" thread. MDers are still subjects of the Crown!

Oh run along now, lets bash IN and TN next! Or TX, AR, SC...

M-Taliesin

I can open carry while checking my body gripping and steel jawed traps...

Oh run along now, lets bash IN and TN next! Or TX, AR, SC...

Howdy XD40coyote!
Being born in Illinois originally, I'd wonder why you'd leave it out. They not only don't allow open carry, and don't issue concealed carry permits (the only state in the entire union to completely prohibit carry) and make transport of a firearm an arcane and troublesome experience; I figure honorable mention should at least be accorded to the Land of Lincoln! Since I own a house in the prairie state, it is particularly onerous to me considering I must voluntarily give up my right to self defense in order to visit the homestead. Guess they believe a willing sacrifice (presenting a couple more volunteers for the victim pool) is the only acceptable sacrifice and impose laws to ensure there is plenty of fodder for that purpose.

Anyhow, I digress. And so we do generally.

I'm interested in follow-up on the original topic.
Has the OP returned to that store? Spoken with the manager there? To what end?
Has corporate straightened anything out?
Can I walk into their store without wondering when I'll be accosted as the OP was?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

davidmcbeth

Banned
Yeah, lets all gather around a guy with a gun who we think is crazy ..... yellow shirts, yellow shirts! BEES ! Shoot the bees! Shoot all bees!

Guy was an LEO and now working at best buy ... wonder if he shot any bees and thats why he is no longer a leo.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Howdy XD40coyote!
it is particularly onerous to me considering I must voluntarily give up my right to self defense in order to visit the homestead.

I know plenty of people who carry in Illinois ... oddly enough, cops don't bother them; I wonder why?

Kingfish

Can I walk into their store without wondering when I'll be accosted as the OP was?
Less talking and more listening would have given you the answer. The OP has already stated what he has decided to do about the issue.

wrightme

I actually let it go while ago heheh. If I shop at BB it'll probably be online or through Amazon. If I have to go back, then I'll go back but I'll step out if asked and call corporate. Plus finals are coming up and I can't really afford to get distracted. I could go back with the email and some documents to get an apology from the store, but as of now it's not that important to me. As stated somewhere above, this was a learning experience. I did get an apology from corporate and I'm taking it for what it is. So if I do get hassled again...I'll know what to do...

*this isnt giving up...its a tactical retreat*

Thanks guys d(^_^d)

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
There is his decision, presented directly without the GA hate.

wrightme

Because had he read the thread he would have known the answer. I am of the opinion that if you are going to respond to a thread you can at least trouble yourself to read it.
None of that justifies your method. If you notice, I pointed out the same thing in a different manner. Why be an ass about it?

Kingfish

None of that justifies your method. If you notice, I pointed out the same thing in a different manner. Why be an ass about it?
You are right. With this thread being over 50 pages long and him coming into it late I can see why one would not bother reading the whole thread...Oh, only 4 pages long and the OP's post is on page 2.

wrightme

You are right. With this thread being over 50 pages long and him coming into it late I can see why one would not bother reading the whole thread...Oh, only 4 pages long and the OP's post is on page 2.

Once again, none of that justifies your choice to be an ass. Why be an ass, when a simple link to the answer was easy, and less confrontational?

Kingfish

Once again, none of that justifies your choice to be an ass. Why be an ass, when a simple link to the answer was easy, and less confrontational?
I think I already explained myself.
Kingfish said:
Because had he read the thread he would have known the answer. I am of the opinion that if you are going to respond to a thread you can at least trouble yourself to read it.
Again, there is a report button at the bottom of each post as well as an ignore feature. You are welcome to use either.

wrightme

I think I already explained myself.
Again, there is a report button at the bottom of each post as well as an ignore feature. You are welcome to use either.

Yes, you explained why you felt like you did. That does not excuse being an ass for seemingly no reason other than your ability to be such.