• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fort Hood Shooting - who needs a gun onbase?

essayons

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
This was definitely an act of terrorism, not just someone who "snapped."

"Soldiers who witnessed the shooting rampage at Fort Hood that left 13 people dead reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" - an Arabic phrase for "God is great!" - before opening fire, the base commander said Friday."
http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=93304&catid=158
Not an act of terrorism.

The target was the US military. It was an act of war, by an operative of our Islamofascist enemy.

I have some thoughts, based upon over 4 years of academic and firsthand study of the current war(s), they may be controversial and outside the TOS of this forum, so I'll play it safe and link

essayons

imported post

hsmith wrote:
Virginiaplanter wrote:
The Shooter was a graduate of Virginia Tech! I guess Virginia Tech must offer a major in murder.
Rather uncalled for.
Maybe a little early to be in good taste.

However, as the saying goes:

Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.

DocKen

imported post

Okay, as the links and history come out:

This guy joined the Army, against his parents wishes. Gets a college education, then Free Medical School Training courtesy of the Military. THEN by news reports not being one of the best, still gets promoted to MAJ. Can't be deployed to fight other Muslims, despite the fact that he won't be fighting them, but primarily HEALING his fellow soldiers and a few of the enemy.

He graduates from this school in 2001, then decides that he wants out of the Army "...going back to 2001"

Ohhhh... then let's add the latest. He was apparantly a participant in a HSPI Presidential Transition Task Force From April 2008-Jan 2009 at George Washington University.

http://www.gwumc.edu/hspi/old/PTTF_ProceedingsReport_05.19.09.pdfname is listed on page 29 as a representative of USUHS. Link is direct from GWU site.

Couldn't find any specific information he contributed to the discussion, and this Task Force was formed well prior to the election. But wonder what information he would have discussed at a briefing "Thinking Anew - Security Priorities for the Next Administration"

What else was he involved in? Good choice assigning someone who doesn't want to be in the Military and has these concerns to task forces like this. Now I know why many of the Military Working groups never accomplish anything. For every 4-5 people wanting to do the right thing, we send 1 or 2 that are just there and don't care about the topic.

45acpForMe

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Does anyone find it really strange, or is it just me, that the military does not like its personnel to have and carry firearms on bases? I mean, you would think that since firearms - arms - are their mainstay (as in Armed Forces), they would be free to carry at their discretion. Having never been in the military, what am I missing here?
I didn't learn of the lack of firearm rights on bases "for active military"until this year. Being a civilian I always assumed the restrictions on firearms was for civilians only but come to find the insanity of the system. I have heard that many CO's don't want their promotion opportunities lost by some incident on base. I would expect all military personnel to carry to some degree and think legislation needs to be introduced/repealed to do away with the insanity. The only possibly argument I would give any creedance is that the standing army shouldn't be used against the citizens but I do not think firearms that are publicly available would even need to be considered. So by joining the military you should not check your RIGHTs at the gate!

Secondly, my job takes me on-base weekly and I have to disarm before leaving home. Since the bases I visit are 1.5 hours away, for the 3hour roundtrip I am unarmed. I strongly resent the disarming since it affects me while not even on base. I would prefer at the least following rules for schools where with a CHP, unloaded and locked that I could simply leave it in the car. Better yet let me OC!!! :)

Thirdly, America needs to wake up and drop all political correctness. There have been a couple Islamofacist attacks that the media and government gloss over and bend over and kiss the arse of islam! The mall I think in Colorado where a serbian muslim shot a handful of people before being shot by an off duty police officer, the NC muslim man who drove into a crowd of people on purpose. The Ft Dix 6 muslim men planning to attack the base. I have also heard of training bases in PA where the FBI is afraid to venture. America needs to grow a pair and see that the muslim religion is antithetical to our freedom and liberty. We could stop most muslim terrorism if we had the balls to wrap everyone of their dead bodies in pigskin (guaranteening them hell in their religion).

Virginiaplanter

imported post

"He didn't want to fight against Muslims."

This is so bogus. Apparently the Coalition Forces including many Muslim Countries didn't have any problems shooting other Muslims to free Kuwait during Desert Storm. Nor did Iran and Iraq have a problem shooting at each other for ten years.

Mt Vernon .40

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
...I have taken guns onto and through a Marine base (Quantico) twice, Both times with an Armalite M15A2 Carbine and a 9mm handgun, both of which were in my trunk and unloaded (the handgun was my carry gun and the ammo was separate and in the trunk) ...
Clearly, both times you were deemed to be in-compliance w/ Quantico's Transport Regulations.

essayons

imported post

That link should be accompanied by a duct-tape warning... so I can duct-tape my hands to something so I don't punch the computer screen.

buster81

imported post

essayons wrote:
That link should be accompanied by a duct-tape warning... so I can duct-tape my hands to something so I don't punch the computer screen.
Sorry. Mrs. Casey hasissues. I should have given a warning.

TFred

imported post

buster81 wrote:
I know this will be a tremendous surpriseto everyone here, but Dan Casey has found the cause of this heinous crime.

http://blogs.roanoke.com/rtblogs/dancasey/2009/11/06/the-fort-hood-shooter-had-a-virginia-concealed-carry-permit/#comment-12309
I guess he kept a copy of all the CHP records they collected from the State Police.

They really need to finish closing the door on this violation of privacy, by making it illegal to disclose or publish CHP information.

TFred

Virginiaplanter

AEubanks

essayons

imported post

Apparently Dan Casey is now of the opinion that officers in the United States military should not be allowed to carry guns.