• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FORT HOOD

Alexcabbie

imported post

Joe, that is one faggy video. You mean to tell me i need to get a permit from a red headed foofer?? Who is that dude? Your secretary? Cripes if that guy went onto a military base, there would be no need to ask OR tell......:celebrate

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Joe, that is one wimpgy video. You mean to tell me i need to get a permit from a red headed foofer?? Who is that dude? Your secretary? Cripes if that guy went onto a military base, there would be no need to ask OR tell......:celebrate
GOTdam that was funny!!

Bustelo5%

imported post

I dont know of anyone remembers there history but years ago maybe 1920 ish there was a shooting at the senate or congress and a couple of people died. These elected officals didnt cry sheep they started carrying to work. Now just think if this were to happen today God forbid but we have sissys in office who cry wolf.....no more

PointofView

imported post

Milbars wrote:
UtahJarhead wrote:
The Air Force doesn't have a ton of training on the M16 from what I've heard, and perhaps their time is better used elsewhere, but I figure if you were to go to a warzone, you should be given however much training is required to be proficient and safe with your gun/rifle.
No, we don't. Luckily I've been overseas and to Iraq enough that I'm really comfortable with it. Our training consists of an online CBT and once you receive orders to an overseas post like Korea or a deployment, you get a half day of training. Classroom mixed with some very static gun range time. Many times have I heard the Army snicker when they see AF personnel walking on base with M16's. Very sad to see how confused the AF is right now, 8 years after 9/11 and almost 6 after Iraq.
I snicker when I see army who have to carry in condition 4 and I get to carry in condition 1 (mouse in the hole and safety off) even when I deploy with the Army. Air Force regulation considers hand guns to be a self defense weapon and in order for it to serve that purpose it must be locked and loaded. You can laugh but with no magazine in the weapon it doesn't matter how well you shoot when an Airmen can pop off 6 rounds at a BG before you even have your weapon loaded and a round chambered. I suppose intelligent condition carry makes up for lack of training less collateral damage. I shoot pretty well and no additional training has been provided to me less my 1 to 2 times / year on the range.

Deanimator

imported post

McX wrote:
You'd think being a military base, everyone would be carrying. Soldiers in a processing area would have their weapons slung around their necks, officers armed with side arms, and so on.

Saw a picture years ago of Israeli citizens, girls sitting in a beauty salon, with their Uzis, using the hair dryers. I think everyone in Israel is in the military (?) At least the Jews see the value of being prepared.
I'm betting you were never in the military, at least not the Army.

WHAT weapon would they be carrying? Weapons are assigned to the UNIT, not the individual. The unit then assigns them to individuals as per the TO&E (and internal politics). If you're being deployed as an individual to a new unit overseas, where are you going to GET a weapon? The weapon you previously had (and gas mask, NBC suit, and LBE, etc.) belongs to your old unit. You're not going to take it with you. You're not going to have ANY of that stuff until you sign into your new unit.