• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fort Worden State Park, Park Ranger interaction (gogodawgs first LE interaction)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Ok, now that I have had some time to think about this, there is a glaring problem!

At no point in the 'Day Report' does Ranger Barlow list her interaction with the camper's in C05! She never reports that she made contact with us. Yet, there is extensive contact listed in her report.

Why the omission?

Jeff Hayes

Ok, now that I have had some time to think about this, there is a glaring problem!

At no point in the 'Day Report' does Ranger Barlow list her interaction with the camper's in C05! She never reports that she made contact with us. Yet, there is extensive contact listed in her report.

Why the omission?

This and the missing hour or so, would lead me to believe you did not get the whole truth and nothing but the whole truth.

Also what generated the email request for the camper info from Todd Jensen to Karen Clevenger.

iampam

Also what generated the email request for the camper info from Todd Jensen to Karen Clevenger.

Probably the FOI request by gogodawgs. It sounds like this wasn't that big of a deal to the ranger who responded, so her supervisor probably had no idea what happened, and was trying to figure out what was going on. That's my guess.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
This and the missing hour or so, would lead me to believe you did not get the whole truth and nothing but the whole truth.

Probably the FOI request by gogodawgs. It sounds like this wasn't that big of a deal to the ranger who responded, so her supervisor probably had no idea what happened, and was trying to figure out what was going on. That's my guess.

Correct, Karen Clevenger is in the public disclosure department. My request for FOI was generated to her and I have received all information through her emails.

dadada

Were there any other disabled spots available? Could it be that the complaintant couldn't get a disabled site, thought that nobody in your spot looked "disabled enough", and might have tried to get you kicked out so that he could have your spot?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Were there any other disabled spots available? Could it be that the complaintant couldn't get a disabled site, thought that nobody in your spot looked "disabled enough", and might have tried to get you kicked out so that he could have your spot?

(There are other disabled spots)

I would think that the note in the 'Day Report' that the camper wanted to know the laws is sufficient to say that he was not concerned about Jim's disabled status or trying to get us kicked out. Just someone who didn't know the law. I wish he would of come and talked with us.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

I will be contacting the Parks Dept and Barlow's supervisor to get to the reason she omitted an encounter with 3 armed men from her report. I find it fascinating that a public official would write about firewood discussions and chasing a sparrow around the gym but omit talking to 3 armed men, asking for their ID's, asking for their CPL's, threatening to run their plates, etc.

Jeff Hayes

I will be contacting the Parks Dept and Barlow's supervisor to get to the reason she omitted an encounter with 3 armed men from her report. I find it fascinating that a public official would write about firewood discussions and chasing a sparrow around the gym but omit talking to 3 armed men, asking for their ID's, asking for their CPL's, threatening to run their plates, etc.

Really really odd to say the least. I am starting to believe that we need to be silent on here until we get answers back from our FOIA requests.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

Not all contacts will have a detail report unless something occurred that would warrant further action by law enforcement.
An example that a detail report to be written if a call to 911 was made and they were dispatched to the site, this appears to be more of a camper voicing a concern.

As to the officers attempt in ID and have you and others cover up needs to be addressed and from what I have read here and other threads, I think they got the hint.

Bill Starks

State Researcher

All one needs, is to be rated by the Veterans Administration 30% or more to qualify for the disabled spaces according to the Park Rules.

Detmurds

I once worked for the State of WA in the Dept of Correct., and I have to say,..they are nothing but a bunch of "anti-Constitutionalists" to be honest. I was the Corrections Officer of the year at one time, and I quit that job simply because I didn't believe in what I was forced to do. Only to go to a much higher paying job afterwards.