• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Found guilty of assault and battery.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

arrron wrote:
danbus wrote:
Hey guys. Dan here.

I'm posting again to ask anyone who will be willing to testify my character on Jan. 22.

I've read more comments on the issue and have reached my final thought.

I think any other LEO would have done the same thing is my situation. Any other person not employed in a law enforcement field most likely would not have. I accept that. Another thing I accept is any time given for my actions. I believe that it will give me time to grow as a person while not having to deal with daily issues. I still do not agree with the verdict, but will take it as a lesson learned.

Please PM or call me if you need details for Jan. 22

Thanks in advance.

Dan
the verdict is consistent with the law of the land!
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt because you are new here.

If your statement was intended as sarcasm then it is incumbent to show that by word or emoticon; otherwise, a reply like this is taken offensively.

A little background - Dan has been a valued member of this forum and friend of many for some time. If he made an error in judgment and I say if, he is still deserving of respect for who he is and the many good things he has done for our cause.

I will not turn my back on him. Most assuredly I will not kick him when he is down.

The only thing that would make me happy at this point is that the judge would give no active time or delay sentencing for one year pending good behavior then clear his record.

Yata hey

carbon

Banned
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
arrron wrote:
danbus wrote:
Hey guys. Dan here.

I'm posting again to ask anyone who will be willing to testify my character on Jan. 22.

I think any other LEO would have done the same thing is my situation. Any other person not employed in a law enforcement field most likely would not have. I accept that. Another thing I accept is any time given for my actions. I believe that it will give me time to grow as a person while not having to deal with daily issues. I still do not agree with the verdict, but will take it as a lesson learned.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

If your statement was intended as sarcasm then it is incumbent to show that by word or emoticon; otherwise, a reply like this is taken offensively.

A little background - Dan has been a valued member of this forum and friend of many for some time. If he made an error in judgment and I say if, he is still deserving of respect for who he is and the many good things he has done for our cause.

I will not turn my back on him. Most assuredly I will not kick him when he is down.

The only thing that would make me happy at this point is that the judge would give no active time or delay sentencing for one year pending good behavior then clear his record.

Yata hey
My statement wasn't a solicitation for debat or comment. Nor was it intended as sarcasm.It was simply my opinion in this paticular case, which ive followed and researched. I am offened that you would have such negative elucidation towards me, someone you dont know.Although your loyalty is admirable it is also a bit nieve and blind! You refer to Dan as " a friend".How much time have you spent with Danbus outside of a publicassignation?My postulation is you know him as well as I know you! You surely dont believe you can assess a persons character from a given number of posts on this site do ya?

I would also question the many good things he has done for "our" cause. Is it your cause or our cause? If it's the latter then I'm sure you will consinder my point of view without a biased,semi maliciouscomment.Do you consider several contretempts with LEO's a good thing? Really? Any pub is good pub?

By the way, if you would be so kind, please explain to me how you know how long ive been here! Nails are tapping!...Surely you dont believe you can determine how long i've,"been here" based on my registration datedo you? If that is true thenI really have a ton of questions for ya!I've been a loyal reader of OCDO for...well i'll let you just guess!

However,i digress. This post is about Dan and his situation, not about your opinion of me.We sometimes do make mistakes and often unjust or unfair consequences are the tragic result, with which we all must live by...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

arrron wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
arrron wrote:
danbus wrote:
My statement wasn't a solicitation for debat or comment. Nor was it intended as sarcasm.It was simply my opinion in this paticular case, which ive followed and researched. I am offened that you would have such negative elucidation towards me, someone you dont know.Although your loyalty is admirable it is also a bit nieve and blind! You refer to Dan as " a friend".How much time have you spent with Danbus outside of a publicassignation?My postulation is you know him as well as I know you! You surely dont believe you can assess a persons character from a given number of posts on this site do ya?

I would also question the many good things he has done for "our" cause. Is it your cause or our cause? If it's the latter then I'm sure you will consinder my point of view without a biased,semi maliciouscomment.Do you consider several contretempts with LEO's a good thing? Really? Any pub is good pub?

By the way, if you would be so kind, please explain to me how you know how long ive been here! Nails are tapping!...Surely you dont believe you can determine how long i've,"been here" based on my registration datedo you? If that is true thenI really have a ton of questions for ya!I've been a loyal reader of OCDO for...well i'll let you just guess!

However,i digress. This post is about Dan and his situation, not about your opinion of me.We sometimes do make mistakes and often unjust or unfair consequences are the tragic result, with which we all must live by...

trolls.jpg

simmonsjoe

imported post

arrron wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
arrron wrote:
danbus wrote:
Hey guys. Dan here.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Yata hey

However,i digress. We sometimes do make mistakes and often unjust or unfair consequences are the tragic result, with which we all must live by...
Grapeshot is being protective of his friend. You ARE new here since we don't know you, regardless of how often you've read the site.

When someone with just a few posts, comments on an old and evolving thread with a generic, one-liner, their credibility drops precipitously. Because your new here, you had minimal credibility to begin with. This causes your comments to be considered inflammatory and ill-informed.

I made similar mistakes when I started out here, and it has taken time for me to gain credibility. The biggest gain you can make here is to be honest that you @#$%ed up, even if it was not your intention.

Perhaps the best attribute of this board, is that we hold each other accountable.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

arrron wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
arrron wrote:

Yata hey

However,i digress. We sometimes do make mistakes and often unjust or unfair consequences are the tragic result, with which we all must live by...
Sorry that you appear to have a chip on your shoulder over this. My comments were shared thoughts and not done maliciously.

I will correct a few assumptions on your part. I have known Dan personally for a number of years, likely better than most posters here. Really don't care how long you've been reading here (hope you continue to), but you are "new" to us.

Beyond that, I see every reason to not put any misunderstanding on further public display.

Yata hey

carbon

Banned
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
arrron wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
arrron wrote:

Yata hey

Sorry that you appear to have a chip on your shoulder over this. My comments were shared thoughts and not done maliciously.

I will correct a few assumptions on your part. I have known Dan personally for a number of years, likely better than most posters here. Really don't care how long you've been reading here (hope you continue to), but you are "new" to us.

Beyond that, I see every reason to not put any misunderstanding on further public display.

Yata hey
agreed...

suntzu

imported post

Dan,
I'd have voted to convict you--you started the fight.
I would have had you or any other guard arrested and that goes for leos as well.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Guys, this thread is something like 13 pages long. We've all had our say.

Dan is asking for character witnesses. If you feel like testifying, let him know, otherwise, let's let this thing lay.