• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FPS Russia on CC vs. OC

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Don't forget that by OCing in Michigan, vs CCing, the places in which a person may not carry under state law have been virtually eliminated.Therefore, OC affords those who wish to have a pistol with them the opportunity to legally do so by OCing vs CCing.

Last edited:

person DJ

There are some truly heinous evil people in this world and I believe a certain number of them would kill you for your Rolex, BMW, gun, shoes, wearing the wrong color, or just for fun. But, I also believe these people are rare when compared to the size of the criminal population as a whole and like I said I put together my personal security plan for what I am most likely to encounter.

Bronson

If we all OC the few you speak of would all be dead.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
No offense, but I see a lot of people on here that could use training. I don't believe it should be forced by government, since it is a right bear and keep arms. But I think one should be responsible and at a minimum get some basic handgun handling and safefty classes and a class for that talks about carry laws and tactics.

There are very few people in this county with carry permits, even fewer that actually carry, and even fewer yet that have any training to actually defend themselves in a high stress lethal confrontation.

Since you considering training to be brainwashing, is it safe to assume you have none? Even if you've been carrying for a number of years, I definitely recommend some basic training at least - some of it you may already know, but there is always something to learn.
I think you're making the common mistake of judging people's gun handling ability by their texting ability. Many people, even though well schooled in gun handling can and will come across as grossly incompetent on forums. Some like to talk a good story. You can't really judge people by what they type in a forum. It's been my experience that 95% of the people interested in carrying for self defense do take training of one sort or another. You should take that into consideration before making assumptions about people you don't really know.

As it is, I could say the same thing you said, about almost any forum or sub-forum that deals with firearms and self-defense. And I'd be wrong too. :)

SpringerXDacp

I think you're making the common mistake of judging people's gun handling ability by their texting ability. Many people, even though well schooled in gun handling can and will come across as grossly incompetent on forums. Some like to talk a good story. You can't really judge people by what they type in a forum. It's been my experience that 95% of the people interested in carrying for self defense do take training of one sort or another. You should take that into consideration before making assumptions about people you don't really know.

As it is, I could say the same thing you said, about almost any forum or sub-forum that deals with firearms and self-defense. And I'd be wrong too. :)

Well said. And to add, "training" comes in many forms as it relates to firearms and self defense. Training taken and completed in 2002, doesn't mean much in 2012, unless the training has been reviewed and/or practiced (consistently) during those 10 years for example. Unfortunately, the "training," is not like learning and remembering how to ride a bicycle. Oh well, since my level of "training" will no doubt meet the minimum standards set forth by ScottE, I shall immediately relinquish my firearm(s) to the local law enforcement authorities. *Shrugs*