• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Friday Night Live/Herndon Festival - Herndon, VA

Riana

imported post

ed wrote:
virginiatuck wrote:
ed wrote:
I plan on going tomorrow around 11AM. Anyone else gonna be around? I plan on OC.
I was there this evening and I'll be there all day tomorrow, probably Sunday, too. I'll be one of the guys in the BDUs.
I stopped by yer booth in my VCDL shirt and talked to one of the guys (that triend to recruit me).
And ya didn't stop by and say hello to me two booths over? I'm hurt. :p

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Riana wrote:
ed wrote:
virginiatuck wrote:
ed wrote:
I plan on going tomorrow around 11AM. Anyone else gonna be around?  I plan on OC.
I was there this evening and I'll be there all day tomorrow, probably Sunday, too.  I'll be one of the guys in the BDUs.
I stopped by yer booth in my VCDL shirt and talked to one of the guys (that triend to recruit me).
And ya didn't stop by and say hello to me two booths over?  I'm hurt.  :p
Went by every booth and the store.

virginiatuck

imported post

ed wrote:
virginiatuck wrote:
ed wrote:
I plan on going tomorrow around 11AM. Anyone else gonna be around? I plan on OC.
I was there this evening and I'll be there all day tomorrow, probably Sunday, too. I'll be one of the guys in the BDUs.
They couldn't convince you? Did they try "how would you like free coffee on the weekend?"

One time at a gun show, our white-board read: "FREE uniform and RIFLE." However, that's a National Guard deal. We don't offer that with the VDF. ;)

So, did you talk about OC with the guy? Did you happen to notice his rank? Did you also try to recruit him to the VCDL, tit for tat?

I stopped by DAR today on one of my breaks and met Riana (who tried to sell me some guns and/or gun accessories :cool:).

Riana

imported post

ed wrote:
Riana wrote:
ed wrote:
virginiatuck wrote:
ed wrote:
But I never saw you. Maybe I was talking with someone else at the time. We were right next to the American Legion's snow cone vendor.

It was good meeting you, virginiatuck (even if I did think you were someone else at first). Always good to put a face to a name.

ed

imported post

Riana wrote:
ed wrote:
Riana wrote:
ed wrote:
virginiatuck wrote:
ed wrote:
I plan on going tomorrow around 11AM. Anyone else gonna be around?  I plan on OC.
I was there this evening and I'll be there all day tomorrow, probably Sunday, too.  I'll be one of the guys in the BDUs.
But I never saw you.  Maybe I was talking with someone else at the time.  We were right next to the American Legion's snow cone vendor.
We who??? in WHAT BOOTH?

Riana

imported post

ed wrote:
Riana wrote:
ed wrote:
Riana wrote:
ed wrote:
virginiatuck wrote:
ed wrote:
But I never saw you. Maybe I was talking with someone else at the time. We were right next to the American Legion's snow cone vendor.
We who??? in WHAT BOOTH?
Daughters of the American Revolution (Sons of the American Revolution are also represented). Screened-in canopy right next to the snow cone vendor. VDF is on the corner of Station and the W&OD - we're a little farther up the W&OD.

ed

imported post

Riana wrote:
ed wrote:
Riana wrote:
ed wrote:
Riana wrote:
ed wrote:
virginiatuck wrote:
ed wrote:
But I never saw you.  Maybe I was talking with someone else at the time.  We were right next to the American Legion's snow cone vendor.
We who??? in WHAT BOOTH?
Daughters of the American Revolution (Sons of the American Revolution are also represented).  Screened-in canopy right next to the snow cone vendor.  VDF is on the corner of Station and the W&OD - we're a little farther up the W&OD.
Ok.. and I was sposed to know THAT how? Last I heard you were keeping tables clear.

Riana

imported post

ed wrote:
Riana wrote:
Daughters of the American Revolution (Sons of the American Revolution are also represented). Screened-in canopy right next to the snow cone vendor. VDF is on the corner of Station and the W&OD - we're a little farther up the W&OD.
Ok.. and I was sposed to know THAT how? Last I heard you were keeping tables clear.
I'm sure I posted that I was working a booth... that's how virginiatuck found me, and Tess knew to look for me there, too. ;)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Started out OC (noticed by everyone on the shuttle bus, I expect, thanks to my extroverted son). Got caught in the rain, though, and when it appeared it was going to drizzle all afternoon, went in to Nova Armament and asked for permission to unholster in there, away from the crowd. Carried concealed the rest of the day.

Only comment was from one of the Virginia Defense Force folks - a positive comment on exercising my rights.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
ed wrote:
I missed that, somehow. When I went by just after the heavy rainstorm, there were about six or seven people there in BDUs. Had I realized, I'd have looked for you.

Or maybe not, as I wouldn't know whether you'd want it known amongst your compatriots you post here.....

Riana

imported post

Tess wrote:
virginiatuck wrote:
ed wrote:
I missed that, somehow. When I went by just after the heavy rainstorm, there were about six or seven people there in BDUs. Had I realized, I'd have looked for you.

Or maybe not, as I wouldn't know whether you'd want it known amongst your compatriots you post here.....
When I was talking with you, I didn't see him over there - I'd'vepointed him out if I had. :cool:

ed

Looks like Herndon got it right this year (2011)...

Festival Guidelines and Tips

Having a great time at the Festival with 80,000 of your closest friends and neighbors is easy... as long as you remember a few guidelines:
1. No alcoholic beverages may be carried into the Festival area.
2. No glass containers, bottles, cans, coolers, kegs and/or any containers other than plastic or paper cups may be carried into the Festival area.
3. No bicycles, skateboards, in-line or roller skates or other forms of transportation, except wheelchairs or scooters for people with special needs, are allowed in the Festival area.
4. No animals, except Seeing Eye dogs and service animals are allowed in the Festival area.
5. Shirts and footwear are required.
6. Audio or video recording stage entertainment is not permitted and video cameras, audio recording devices, and professional cameras (cameras with detachable lenses) are prohibited at any stage.
7. The use of squirt guns and/or the spraying of any products, the throwing of balls, Frisbees, or other objects are not permitted in the Festival area.
8. All bags, purses, backpacks, and other hand carry items are subject to search for prohibited items.
9. Please do not smoke on festival grounds. Underage smoking is prohibited.