• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gang membership SOARS in Maryland...

rscottie

Maryland's strategy is not as dumb as it sounds. If you were bent on empire-building and you were in law enforcement, the best thing you could have is a terrorized populace and too much crime. "Just give me more money and power, and I'll tackle y'all's crime problem." At the same time, it ensures that the easy targets (i.e., law abiding citizens) can't fight back, reducing them to a state of dependency. As long as they don't notice that the "crime fighting" thing is almost completely ineffective, they'll keep coughing up more and more money for "crime fighting". Crime is a growth industry - without more crime, how would we have enough work for the lawyers, cops, bailiffs, judges, court clerks, court reporters, and all the people who support those guys? There is a reason why Maryland is a pro-crime state. There's gold in them thar hills.

Reminds me of the plot of the "Robocop" movie.