• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gay pride???

arentol

Nah. You just went off on your own theoretical rant. One I found not worth a reply.

You crack me up. I would /ignore you but sometimes I just need a really good laugh and your ridiculous antics always deliver.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

28kfps

I believe it is a choice. Over the years have had a few acquaintances switch hitting, one a mom to a friend that decided she was a homosexual, which worked for a while for her then she meet some guy decided she was no longer a homosexual. Read and heard of this happing all the time. It would appear to me in such cases it was a choice not an uncontrolled hormone or body chemistry change. Information like this coming from a highly educated Dr should carry some serious merit. Since I am a slightly schooled redneck, it is just an opinion.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I believe it is a choice. Over the years have had a few acquaintances switch hitting, one a mom to a friend that decided she was a homosexual, which worked for a while for her then she meet some guy decided she was no longer a homosexual. Read and heard of this happing all the time. It would appear to me in such cases it was a choice not an uncontrolled hormone or body chemistry change. Information like this coming from a highly educated Dr should carry some serious merit. Since I am a slightly schooled redneck, it is just an opinion.

It's not necessarily a binary status. Sexuality is a spectrum.

Some people find themselves attracted to another's personality, but not particularly their gender one way or the other. Or at least that's how it's been explained to me.

WalkingWolf

Those people are called bi sexual, my wife is one. But that does not mean she screws or wants to screw every woman she meets. It means she finds some women attractive, and sometimes which has been very few actually she makes a sexual connection. Honestly with most gay and bi people I have met they are not screwing every thing that walks past them like some phobes believe. They can be just as frigid as hetro can be, or just as wild as a hetro sex addict.

The feelings are there whether a choice is made or not. The choice is acting on them.

AJax

I graduated from a small rural town high school. Population of about 400 or so, mostly farms. I always hated seeing people getting picked on, so the guys who would get picked on for not being as masculine as the others became my friends because I routinely stuck up for them. A couple of them came out to me, and I assure you that it is not a choice, because if it were, those guys would have chosen to be straight in a heartbeat. They lived in fear that someone would find out they were gay and might be physically harmed by the less tolerant people in the school (there were a lot of them...remember, this is a farm town).

Yes, acting on your feelings is a choice, but a homosexual has just as much of a right to act on their feelings as any of you do. It's not "wrong" or "inhuman", because if it was, it wouldn't happen. Every time someone uses the slippery slope argument of "Well if we accept that, what stops them from marrying animals?" it makes me want to throw them out a window. It's inhuman to be so intolerant of something that doesn't affect you in any way, and to be so irrational as to make such an argument.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Yes, acting on your feelings is a choice, but a homosexual has just as much of a right to act on their feelings as any of you do. It's not "wrong" or "inhuman", because if it was, it wouldn't happen. Every time someone uses the slippery slope argument of "Well if we accept that, what stops them from marrying animals?" it makes me want to throw them out a window. It's inhuman to be so intolerant of something that doesn't affect you in any way, and to be so irrational as to make such an argument.

I agree. Fortunately, this forum's pretty damn tolerant.

But, in general, folks really need to get over the nonaggressive stuff people do in their personal lives.

Maverick9

Regardless of inclinations and where they come from, assuming typical mental competency, behavior is always a choice.

No kidding. I mean if we can't have PRIDE about Christmas decorations, what can we have it about?

(i.e. Don we now our gay apparel, and Holiday balls)

Logan 5

You asked "what ad?"

I quoted you complaining about ads.

If you don't understand that, you're beyond explanation.
Might help you if you go back and re-read what I have said, because I have not complained about the ads. Not only do I not get them, I simply do not see them.
If you do not understand that, then I'm confident that you have a problem I cannot help you with.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Might help you if you go back and re-read what I have said, because I have not complained about the ads. Not only do I not get them, I simply do not see them.
If you do not understand that, then I'm confident that you have a problem I cannot help you with.

If that's the case, then your earlier post was a non-sequitur in the context of this thread.

sudden valley gunner

Other than thousands of years of polygamy, you mean?

Marriage isn't even a traditional church matter, except for recent history. The first time marriage became an official church matter was in 1562, with the 24th session of the Council of Trent, where a canon was adopted that said marriage would only be official if performed in the church by an ordained priest.

The reason? To stop the offensive and "sinful" practice of marrying Protestants.

In the Protestant world, the pre-Trent standard continued. In pioneer America, months or years would pass before a marriage was sanctioned in church, if it ever was; there were often several children in attendance. These common-law marriages were just as valid in the eyes of government and church as they were in society.

And then, a new form of offensive marriage cropped up: interracial marriage. Anti-miscegenation laws combined with anti-cohabitation laws to create a ban on even common-law marriages between the races. This legal restriction didn't end until SCOTUS stopped it with Loving v. Virginia in 1967.

Just like gun control, government marriage licenses in America have racist roots.

Learn something new everyday, so even church marriages were statist in origin.

This is the kind of post that makes me look forward to reading OCDO each day.

Ditto!

OC for ME

Gotta be careful about a church weddin and all in regards to the olden days of the wild west.

Typically preachers were traveling men and not every sod buster had a preacher near by to get them hitched legal like in the eyes of God. Also, the local sheriff or the local judge would do the hitchin and there was no need for a preacher after that. If the county recognized your "marriage" then a surviving spouse got to keep the property in the eyes of the law.

Being a religious lot back in the day folks tended to want to make sure that a preacher made it a legit marriage in the eyes of God. Which is kind of ironic if you believe that Go knows all and sees all. God don't need a building to see you getting hitched.

Money is what is important to the Gay Pride crowd. A one stop benefits package. No extra legal papers such as a will, POAs, trusts, ect.

Marriage licenses are cheap compared to getting a attorney to get you the same thing in multiple papers that a single marriage license gets you in the vast majority of jurisdictions.

Gay Pride ads? Other than reading SFGate, which is one big Gay Pride ad, I have never seen a ad of that nature.

Tackett

I concern myself very little with what activities others engage in as long as it doesn't affect my life.

Wanna be gay? Feel your are gay? Be gay. Just don't ask me to pay for it in some form.
Wanna screw goats? Screw goats. Just not my goats or ask me to buy you one.
Wanna have an abortion? Have an abortion. Just make damn sure it's not my kid or you want money from me in some way for it.

Do whatever you want, as long as that something is self governed, self funded and self contained. Period.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I concern myself very little with what activities others engage in as long as it doesn't affect my life.

Wanna be gay? Feel your are gay? Be gay. Just don't ask me to pay for it in some form.
Wanna screw goats? Screw goats. Just not my goats or ask me to buy you one.
Wanna have an abortion? Have an abortion. Just make damn sure it's not my kid or you want money from me in some way for it.

Do whatever you want, as long as that something is self governed, self funded and self contained. Period.

This is the only way to live life.

Tackett

And I'm a pretty staunt conservative. Take THAT GOP!

My political stance anymore is boiled down into 5 words.

Leave. Me. The. Hell. Alone.