• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

get a hi point

smash29

imported post

iroc192 wrote:
I always liked the days I would have people that knew what the **** they were talking about argueing glocks vs. M&Ps etc.

Never did I expect to see the days where people knew absolutely **** all about most things in general, then argueing a 120$ to long, draw out, and angry posts with little or about nothing in them.
Is English your second language?

imperialism2024

imported post

See, iroc, I think the misunderstanding you are having here stems from the fact that you think this is a site about handguns, when in fact it is a site about open carry... like I stated previously.

Also, like I said before, we acknowledge that most open carry guns are equal for the purposes of what we discuss here. The little discussion we do have about the guns themselves tends to focus on finding guns for individuals who want advice. So, if the OP in this thread said, "I need to shoot 5000 rounds per day, and my gun must be beautiful," then we can safely tell that person not to get a Hi-Point.

unreconstructed1

imported post

iroc192 wrote:
Never did I expect to see the days where people knew absolutely **** all about most things in general, then argueing a 120$ to long, draw out, and angry posts with little or about nothing in them.

according to you, I know nothing about guns, but I do know about personal experience.

I have a Hi-point C9, and I shoot it... alot. on the average, I probably shoot between 50-200 round of ammo every other Sunday through my little "junk gun" the only problems that I have experienced have been a couple FTFs which occured when I first bought the gun, before I realized that limp wristinmg was problematic with these guns, and a couple when I swapped to WWB hollow points. once I adjusted teh mag lips, even taht problem went away.

now lets do the math lets take a conservative estimate at 100 rounds every 2 weeks multiply that by 3 months, thats 600 rounds. take away teh first 100 due to the early problems, which WERE MY FAULT, and that still leaves 500 rounds trouble free. If my gun hasn't malfunctioned in 500 rounds, that would say that it's worth the 100 dollar price tag, especially if it goes on for another 500-1000-1500 rounds.

and since you mentioned Glocks, let me ask you a question. do Glocks not have polymer slide like a hi point, which seems to be your main bitch about them?:banghead:

compmanio365

imported post

Guys, I think it's time to let this thread die. The trolls will always be, well, trolls, and I think the point that needed to be made has been. I'm going to PM a mod and see if this thread can be shut down and some people's accounts can be watched for a while.

Damn trolls. :banghead: