• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Get Togethers

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
tumblr_lje4hmZYHq1qhiwq6o1_400.gif

Oak must really like mindless Lame TV shows made for metrosexuals.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
It does suck.

Glock34, your right it was rude of the RSVP's to not show up. But I think it's a bit of a stretch to jump to I will never do one. Why not just change the way you do it like was mentioned? I'm all for picnics, restaurants, whatever. But me personally I would make it a bring what you want\potluck kinda picnic, or a prepay. Or just do a restaurant somewhere. Don't get all upset because you got burned. Yea it sucks some times but we should be learning from our mistakes too.
First of all, he's entitled to his feelings. Feelings are neither good nor bad, they just are.

Second, I know what it is like to have people commit to something and then just not show up... it sucks. Particularly when we are supposed to be such an honorable group of people, taking our cues from Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, and Hamilton. "Your word is your bond".

Third, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".

Fourth, this was at a time when get-togethers were still very uncommon and Glock34 was trying to keep the ember alive by fronting his own time, money, and organizing expertise to fan the flames. He got shat on for his efforts and still continues to take heat... unbelievable.

I like you, Motofixxer, but you need to learn the skills of understanding other viewpoints and not judging feelings. Why don't you use your gifts of hindsight, problem solving, and social skills to plan your own get-together; you're kinda' centrally located, the weather is beautiful, and there's
plenty of open dates. :monkey

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
First of all, he's entitled to his feelings. Feelings are neither good nor bad, they just are.

Second, I know what it is like to have people commit to something and then just not show up... it sucks. Particularly when we are supposed to be such an honorable group of people, taking our cues from Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, and Hamilton. "Your word is your bond".

Third, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".

Fourth, this was at a time when get-togethers were still very uncommon and Glock34 was trying to keep the ember alive by fronting his own time, money, and organizing expertise to fan the flames. He got shat on for his efforts and still continues to take heat... unbelievable.

I like you, Motofixxer, but you need to learn the skills of understanding other viewpoints and not judging feelings. Why don't you use your gifts of hindsight, problem solving, and social skills to plan your own get-together; you're kinda' centrally located, the weather is beautiful, and there's
plenty of open dates. :monkey

Thanks Dave for being the one that understood what I was saying. I appreciate it.

Motofixxer

I completely, understood what he was saying and why he felt that way. I made the assumption that was why he decided to fund it. I just decided not to write a book about the whole thing and simply made a short friendly suggestion. Sometimes we all need a friendly, nudge about jumping the gun on something or whatever. Or a comment to pick ourselves back up, and get back on the horse.

Somehow, I doubt Glock34 was offended or hurt by anything I said. I think he understood what I was saying. If you look at my choice of words, I was carefull to not criticize him for anything. We all have to remember that not all connotations transmit through printed text.

I was simply saying we have probably all gotten burned. I personally have gotten burned by close friends, family and strangers for much more than $150. Does that mean, I quit doing what I do. No, I learned from it and changed the way I do things. So I was just making a suggestion from experience. If anybody doesn't like what I said, fine. We are all entitled to our opinions, and feelings. If someone wants to use what I said to further their mental growth, great, if not. That's fine too, no harm no foul.

And I have planned a Get Together. It didn't turn out so well for the 5 attending and the shiny bracelets were not very pleasant. But I have my reasons for not planning more.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I completely, understood what he was saying and why he felt that way. I made the assumption that was why he decided to fund it. I just decided not to write a book about the whole thing and simply made a short friendly suggestion. Sometimes we all need a friendly, nudge about jumping the gun on something or whatever. Or a comment to pick ourselves back up, and get back on the horse.

Somehow, I doubt Glock34 was offended or hurt by anything I said. I think he understood what I was saying. If you look at my choice of words, I was carefull to not criticize him for anything. We all have to remember that not all connotations transmit through printed text.

I was simply saying we have probably all gotten burned. I personally have gotten burned by close friends, family and strangers for much more than $150. Does that mean, I quit doing what I do. No, I learned from it and changed the way I do things. So I was just making a suggestion from experience. If anybody doesn't like what I said, fine. We are all entitled to our opinions, and feelings. If someone wants to use what I said to further their mental growth, great, if not. That's fine too, no harm no foul.

And I have planned a Get Together. It didn't turn out so well for the 5 attending and the shiny bracelets were not very pleasant. But I have my reasons for not planning more.

I understood what ya meant, it's all good :) Enjoy this beautiful weekend.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Hey! The food and most of the company was good! For some reason, you and Springfield 1911 left us for a few minutes.... Where'd you go? :p