• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Getting a Purchase Permit under 21 help

kcGlock19

kcGlock19, did you ever hear back on this? My son still hasn't heard on the status of his permit.

Yes. I called him last Wednesday and he said they are still going through the process of putting the new paperwork in the computer system. He said it will be ready within the 30 day waitin period. Which is about a week and a half more. He told me I can check in with him next week and check but he would call me right when he knew of anything.

fisty

Keep us all posted on this i am very interested in knowing how this turns out. Us old guys over 40 remember when we got pistils at birthday gifts when we were 17 and 18.

moonie

My 20 year old son got the call today. His pistol purchase permit is ready for him to pick up, all approved and everything. Finally, now I can finally gift him that 1911 that he has been OC'ing everywhere...

Thank God the Guilford County sheriff's department is open to understanding that sometimes they might be mistaken.

firedog

My 20 year old son got the call today. His pistol purchase permit is ready for him to pick up, all approved and everything. Finally, now I can finally gift him that 1911 that he has been OC'ing everywhere...

Thank God the Guilford County sheriff's department is open to understanding that sometimes they might be mistaken.
You guys might want to take a look at this thread. You guys may be able to get together and help the threads OP'er with his situation. Unless I missed it this is the same issue..

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?84661-URGENT***-Need-Statues

kcGlock19

Yep just picked mine up! She said, " Now let me check to make sure everything is right. You are the first person recieving this you should feel special." haha I said I do.

Incase anyone wanted to know what the wording on this permit is I believe the last part is the only thing they changed it reads, "...Therefore, a license or permit is issued to the above-named applicant to purchase or acquire one pistol from any person, firm, or corporation authorized to dispose of the same. Applicant is under 21. This permit is vaild for private transfer only. NOT VAILD FOR USE WITH FEDERALLY LICENSED FIREARMS DEALERS (18 USC 992)

moonie

Yup, my sons says the same, it is now in my possession with the serial number of the firearm written on it. We have it in our important papers. The lady also mentioned it would be a good idea for my son to keep a copy in case any LEO's don't understand that he is legal to own the firearm, he has has a copy in his wallet.

kcGlock19

Yup, my sons says the same, it is now in my possession with the serial number of the firearm written on it. We have it in our important papers. The lady also mentioned it would be a good idea for my son to keep a copy in case any LEO's don't understand that he is legal to own the firearm, he has has a copy in his wallet.

Yeah I got two permits for that reason. One for my dad and one for my car. I am also writting a bill of sale that we both will have copies of.

mr.jake

im gonna try this

im gonna try this im 20 and live in gaston county n.c. any tips? so glad i found this! thank you forum and thanks too all the members who contributed to this thread:banana: