• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 9mm the "Preferred weapon of deranged mad men."

M

McX

so they're saying that nuts buy glocks.......................hmmm, never thought of it that way before heh-heh.

lockman

State Researcher
An extended magazine for my Glock 36 will give me the massive firepower of maybe 12+1 rounds before reloading!

A 30 rnd mag in a glock on your hip might make a good comedy routine poking and knocking people over.

LR Yote 312

Ya know the old bumper snicker: I have PMS & a handgun?

For those truly deranged among us, how about:
I have a Glock 9mm & I'm out of Risperdal*
(or whatever the psych drug du jour is in the media)

*main use is for anti-psychotic, keep people from hallucinating, keep people in touch with what the rest of us call reality

Risperdal is one of the newer anti psychotics.
Lithium is one of the old stand by scripts for many.

I used to know some people that were diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.

If the V.A. has the power to strip a Vet of his 2A Right just because he was diagnosed with PTSD.
Then I think its time the American Psychiatric Association and American Medical Association to review their decisions on paranoid schizophrenia.
There is enough documentation to show they are threat to more than just themselves and are a serious threat to others.

There are too many in the APA that feel as long as the patient is under going treatment there is no threat.
There are problems with that line of thinking...
IIRC what I was told, many anti psychotics are extremely expensive...some can run as much as $ 6-700 for a months worth.

Holding a job for any amount of time for a schizophrenic is very challenging,plus repetitive voluntary admissions to psych wards can max out an employer's medical insurance cap in a short amount of time.

Add missed work days to that (plus a capped out insurance coverage) and the employer is lookin for the smallest detail they can legally terminate the patient for.
Leaving the patient no choice but to go off their meds because they just simply cant afford them.

LR Yote

Last edited: