• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going On 7 Months for Permit in Stratford!!!

GoldCoaster

imported post

Or you go the route by getting a "Certificate of Eligibility" which establishes identity and criminal background checks so all that remains for SPD to do is determine suitability.

It will cost you twice as much but if SPD says "No you can't do that" that's a denial of sorts and you go back to DPS and say "STratford refused to accept YOUR certificate of eligibility as proof of identity and background checks so please issue me a state permit without going through their illegal hoops"

Look at the threads further down about Certificates of eligibility that our esteemed Ed Peruta dug up and saw through.

Edward Peruta

imported post

Information on dealing with this type of situation my be found at http://www.ctgunrights.com.

Go to the State Police Headquarters in Middletown, get fingerprinted pay all fees and then submit an application for the State Eligibility Certificate.

When your Eligibility Certificate is issued and in your possession, (and they are very prompt), don’t waste a momentto submit a copy of the newly minted Eligibility Certificatealong with a copy of your recently taken fingerprints to the Stratford Police.

The issuance of an Eligibility Certificate is evidence that a Federal and State Criminal History Records Check was conducted prior to issuance of the Certificate,and that there are NO disqualifying convictions which would prevent them from issuing a CT. Permit to Carry..

The ONLY issue remaining will be whether or not the Stratford Police Chief will find you a “SUITABLE” person.

This process will save time and resources for the Stratford P.D. and speed up the process of obtaining a decision regarding your application for a Temporary State Permit to Carry.

The Connecticut General Statutes are very clearis statingthe amount of time in which a local issuing authority must make a decision.

The Chief and Lt. Proudfoot in the Strafford P.D.Records Divisionseem to be very reasonable.

I have a call in to them regarding these facts as I write this post.

Ed Peruta

edperuta@amcable.tv

av8r1998

imported post

That's Excellent News! I look forward to hearing back from you when you hear from the Chief/Lt to confirm the facts. I will go the cert of eligibility route.

Thanks very much.