• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going to DC!!

sccrref

imported post

Freeflight wrote:
<snip>The district does NOT want you to PROTECT yourself in anyway, if you are forced to they will charge you with whatever Crime they can drum up and even some they can't, may as well just go to CHINA... <snip>
They are not worried about you but about themselves. They do not want the common folk to be able to take them to task for their shennaniguns.

sccrref

imported post

mlands wrote:
I heard about a young woman from my area of Virginia who was visiting a museum in DC. Before going into the museum area your are screened. This little woman asked the museum guard to please hold her tiny little key ring pepper spray while she was in the museum. At that point she was placed under arrest of carrying. I am sure that made her day. In Virginia she was breaking no laws. In DC she was treated like a street thug carrying.
No. Street thugs are exempt from prosecution in DC.

AbNo

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
In a way, we shouldn't be surprised that DC is so bizarre.  When any political entity is run for many years by a left-wing political machine, its bound to become terribly corrupt.  One group of thugs owns the streets, and another group of thugs runs the government, with the honest citizens caught in between.  Sickening.

Sadly, it's no longer just the lefties that are doing this...

"Neocons: Going so far to the right, they come out the left side."