• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got Made today after 10 years of carrying.

Badger Johnson

Maybe Badger can correct his situation as I understand it.

All those statements are correct. When I ride bikes, practice karate or walk or do treadmills I'm protected. I wear protective garb while biking. I do not fall at speed. In three seasons of skiing single black diamond ski slopes I did not fall once. On the Bike I have fallen a dozen times in about 10,000 miles of riding and all but two of those were when I was nearly stopped on the bike so I fell over, being clipped in. In those two, one of which is on my youtube site, I fell making a turn at about 2 mph on wet grass and I did hurt myself.

Yes I fear 'rough treatment' by the police so I don't OC. People have died when, unsuspectingly they have been thrown or tripped and fallen on the pavement. Where I used to live a guy in a wheelchair was hit by a cop, making a turn and playing with his dash radio. He jumped out and tried to 'cover it up' by jerking the big guy back into his chair making things worse.

As you may know, with hip injuries, it affects everything you do. I'm in pain of some kind 24/7. It's distracting and humbling. My sense of bravado suffers. I'm deeply aware of consequences. I avoid chaotic situations now, whereas in my youth I sought them out.

When YOU are disabled then perhaps I'll listen to your input about what -I- should do. Until then, it's really none of your business. I you don't find I give 'good read' put me on ignore.

HTH

PS there are other "reasons" I don't OC. One, I don't want to upset the people in the development where I live, it's an HOA and I've already been sent a letter for riding my bike too quickly (a lie). I carry with a partner and don't want to put her at risk of a LEO encounter (face it OC is risky). If nearly everyone OC-ed around here, I'd probably think about it (say in an Arizona OC friendly town). It's a personal decision and does not affect one's understanding of 'HOW' to OC properly and how to fight with a gun. I have knowledge in the latter worth sharing, I feel.

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I think the point Curtis was making was that it was a CC story, not OC and probably shouldn't be on an OPEN CARRY BOARD.

It's a little like going on a hunting Board and talking about the great perks you got when you joined PETA.

BUT, I've about given up on anyone North of Ashland understanding that.

I dont think discussing cc on an OC forum is even remotely close to discussing the perks of PETA on a hunting forum. This is an OC forum, which is a forum dedicated to carrying firearms, whether he was carrying concealed should be irrelevant, don't we all have the same interest? This man simply want to enjoy his meal without bother, and you all attack him the same way your trying to say he snapped at the inquirer of his magazine? Seems like some are being a little two-faced. Sure some people carry openly just to educate, however there is many people that carry simply to defend their lives or the lives of others, and don't wanna be bothered about it everyday. Sometimes I open carry, sometimes not, but should I be excluded from posting simply because I had a story to tell about carrying a firearm but it wasn't exposed?? Let's not violate people's FIRST Amendment rights just because they were not carrying the way you think they should!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I dont think discussing cc on an OC forum is even remotely close to discussing the perks of PETA on a hunting forum.

(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The forum rules are not designed to exclude posting about CC and certainly not to castigate someone for doing so. A place is provided for such CC postings in the General Discussion sub-forum. There is a decided benefit to be derived from reading the rules.

If you do not agree with any of these Rules then please do not use this site, because BY USING THIS SITE YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE IRREVOCABLY AGREED TO THESE RULES. Please note that these Rules may be revised and reissued without notice at any time. You should review the current Rules regularly, since your continued use of the site will be deemed as irrevocable acceptance of any revisions.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

To clarify an issue that is sometimes voiced by user/posters that it is their "right" (as in 1A) to post whatever they judge to be appropriate. Not so - OCDO is the private property of the site owners. They and they alone set the rules/standards and provide tools for the enforcement thereof.

Truthfully, a light touch is most frequently the preferred method, but hammers do exist.