• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got My Serpa!

muzz3256

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
muzz3256 wrote:
I have a question for all you BH CQC w/serpa die hards. You carry with retention for the what if some one attempts a gun grab, have you given any thought to what if your gun arm(strong side) is disabled prior to you drawing your gun? Can you draw it with your none dominate (the side the gun isn't on) arm? :D
Well, this would pose a problem with me for any holster. You see, I am a rather large person, and this would require my tiny T-Rex arms to navigate around the gut, not a journey that I would want. A lot of twisting. So if my strong side arm is disabled, I quess that I can just twist back and forth using it as a swinging club or something of that sort. :D
Just get a Gun for Your weak side too. This is TOTALLY justifiable too just HAVE too Buy ANOTHER gun:lol:...:celebrate
I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!:lol:

UTOC-45-44

imported post

muzz3256 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
muzz3256 wrote:
I have a question for all you BH CQC w/serpa die hards. You carry with retention for the what if some one attempts a gun grab, have you given any thought to what if your gun arm(strong side) is disabled prior to you drawing your gun? Can you draw it with your none dominate (the side the gun isn't on) arm? :D
Well, this would pose a problem with me for any holster. You see, I am a rather large person, and this would require my tiny T-Rex arms to navigate around the gut, not a journey that I would want. A lot of twisting. So if my strong side arm is disabled, I quess that I can just twist back and forth using it as a swinging club or something of that sort. :D
Just get a Gun for Your weak side too. This is TOTALLY justifiable too just HAVE too Buy ANOTHER gun:lol:...:celebrate
I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!:lol:

That's what I'm about to to do myself:celebrate.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Read "Secrets of Street Survival - Israli Style" The author wears and recommends carrying two .45s - one std. strong side and one strong side cross draw as a solution to this problem. He also carries a minimum of eight (8) extra mags! Now that is decently prepared!
Yata hey

PS - Love my Serpa!

bourneshooter

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Read "Secrets of Street Survival - Israli Style" The author wears and recommends carrying two .45s - one std. strong side and one strong side cross draw as a solution to this problem. He also carries a minimum of eight (8) extra mags! Now that is decently prepared!
Yata hey

PS - Love my Serpa!
Did the author explain how he carried this concealed? And how he carries the 8 extra mags? If it is easy, I would do it. Of course I would have to go get another 1911. But whats the problem with that!

I am never to far away from my rifle and the go bag containing extra .45 and 5.56.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

bourneshooter wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Read "Secrets of Street Survival - Israeli Style" The author wears and recommends carrying two .45s - one std. strong side and one strong side cross draw as a solution to this problem. He also carries a minimum of eight (8) extra mags! Now that is decently prepared!
Yata hey

PS - Love my Serpa!
Did the author explain how he carried this concealed? And how he carries the 8 extra mags? If it is easy, I would do it. Of course I would have to go get another 1911. But whats the problem with that!

I am never to far away from my rifle and the go bag containing extra .45 and 5.56.
In Israel open carry is the norm, even Uzi's. Concealed carry attracts a lot of unfavorable attention when discovered. The author does when traveling carry this way concealed. Best read in years (reminds me of Cooper) and is available on line http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Street-Survival-Israeli-Civilian/dp/0873648196 below list price.

Wonder what the reaction would be later this morning if I OC'd this way at the local Waffle House. :what:

Yata hey

FogRider

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
I have a question for all you BH CQC w/serpa die hards.

You carry with retention for the what if some one attempts a gun grab, have you given any thought to what if your gun arm(strong side)is disabled prior to you drawing yourgun?

Can you draw it with your none dominate (the side thegun isn't on)arm?:D

That depends. Disabled = can't draw, or can't press the button?

Oh, and I just got a serpa this week, loving it so far.

Myopicvisionary

imported post

I have been practicing weak hand drawing of my Kimber Custom II out of my BH Serpa. If I carry just forward of my right hip, I have no problem releasing the holster and drawing with my left hand. If I carry behind my right hip, I just grab my belt forward of the holster and yank hard. The whole belt line comes forward to allow a draw as described above.