• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greeley Man Wounded at Gun Range

mahkagari

Thank you Bellum. I was wondering who DW's sister wife was going to be. I see it's fated to be FateofDestinee.

Ye gods, she can shoot AND sing????

[video=youtube;asG00mfgTBA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asG00mfgTBA&list=UU87qNRpS0UpKdeNlI55SdyQ&index=6&feature=plcp[/video]

I'll be in my bunk.

Last edited:

PFC HALE

just like everyone else said, its the firat thing my dad taught me when i was around 6, all guns are loaded until you have cleared them yourself. i have never had a AD in my life, and hope never to just by following this one rule. the second rule is never put your finger on the trigger until AFTER following rule number one and STILL only if you intend to dry fire safely. this applies everywhere, range, home wherever.

not following both of these 2rules will cause harm or death.

Sig229

Thank god they took Black Talons off the market (and repackaged under a different name).

If he had shot himself with one of those evil assault bullets, it probably would have ripped him in half!

J_Oliver

Thank god they took Black Talons off the market (and repackaged under a different name).

If he had shot himself with one of those evil assault bullets, it probably would have ripped him in half!

It would have ripped him in half and using it's heat-seeking ability found everyone nearby and ripped them in half too!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Bellum_Intus

It would have ripped him in half and using it's heat-seeking ability found everyone nearby and ripped them in half too!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OMG I just figured out what happened to the guy in Greely!!

Tex shot himself with the Talon, when it exited his leg it flew into orbit, landing on the guy in Greely a year later.. man those things are sick..

In all seriousness.. I hope the guy is ok, I haven't heard anything lately..

--Rob

mobiushky

OMG I just figured out what happened to the guy in Greely!!

Tex shot himself with the Talon, when it exited his leg it flew into orbit, landing on the guy in Greely a year later.. man those things are sick..

In all seriousness.. I hope the guy is ok, I haven't heard anything lately..

--Rob

I was killed by a Talon once. But I got better.

M-Taliesin

Excellent reminder M.

One thing though, SOME handguns do not have external safeties to put on before holstering.
Glock and XD's come to mind. I carry an XD .45 is a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster,
<Snip>
I am always conscious of where my trigger finger is, but especially when reholstering.

Howdy Pard!
I haven't worked with an XD, but I have an XDm .40 compact. No, it doesn't have what is traditionally thought of as a safety, but
the grip safety must be depressed, then the trigger safety pressed before the trigger can be tripped. That's two safeties.
I still don't see how that accident could happen with a pistol like mine considering it won't go bang without my finger on the trigger.
The grip safety does not have pressure on it when I am holstering because I move my hand so that my thumb can press agains the rear of the slide to ensure the gun stays in battery position. Some holsters will cause it to move back, just a wee little bit, so it won't fire when intended because it is out of battery position.

The 1911 .45 I have does have a manual safety, but it also has a grip safety. If it isn't depressed, it won't go bang either.

So, from what I can tell, it still boils down to careless handling of the firearm.

Somehow, in some way, the trigger got tripped while all safety measures inherent in the handgun were defeated.

The proof of that is the thousands upon thousands of folks who handle XD's and Glocks that somehow manage NOT to shoot themselves while holstering or doing draw and fire exercises. I've done my share, and I ain't added any additional ventilation to my anatomy.

I've actually checked my body many times over the years, and to date, I have all the requiste number of holes I started with, and aim (sic) to keep it that way!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Growl...

I'm not sure the Greely incident had anything to do with YT .. yeah.. but never mind.. I'll rant for days on "youtube gun stars"..
--Rob

Howdy Rob!
Yes... but how do you really feel?
(ducks and runs for cover!!!)

Meanwhile, what made you decide to join up with the rangers?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Bellum_Intus

Howdy Rob!
Yes... but how do you really feel?
(ducks and runs for cover!!!)

Meanwhile, what made you decide to join up with the rangers?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Well, I spent 18 years in the Army, and ARNG (9 active, 9 reserve) and well, erm .. how to say.. I haven't really given back to my community since I got out in 2001 (9/7/01.. really) .. so this is my way of making a positive impact on the community.

I am also working on getting NRA certified on pistol / Rifle..

How do I really feel? haha.. umm don't get me started, there's a particular ex pilot (yeah, he flew C17's or something real 'tactical') who has thousands of fans and I'll prolly get shot if I speak ill of this megalomaniac publicly.. suffice it to say, after actually being in a combat arms MOS, (12B Combat Engineer and 13R Counterfire Artillery) .. seeing an ex pilot performing 'run and gun' exercises and touting himself as some sort of friggin tactical hero.. grinds my gears.. His videos are long winded Ego driven dribble that encourage firearm owners to go do really stupid .. things.. with firearms..

Although he did make a video of him Duracoating firearms for a half a freaking hour... god it's like torture.. "oh gee look "smell ( his buddy farts too much I guess) " im painting, ooh look , im painting some more.. oo.. lets go paint this part".. WHY do people ... never mind.. I'm fuming again lmao.. (no I didn't bother watching it all) WROL! WROL! OMG.. TNP!! I'm famooose!! .. growl.. *barf*

I guess I'll be off of about 20 million fanboys Bday card lists now.. And I better hide, I think he's in Colorado, I *think* I saw Pikes Peak in one of his vids!! omg.. yikes.. I'm dead.. he's gonna do a tactical approach through 8 miles of flat open grass and throw a grapefruit at me or an egg..

I'm not taking away anything from the USAF.. really.. just this guy.. :p
I have a special relationship with the A10 and a driver who saved our butts... respect.. so yeah, I'm not an AF hater =)

--Rob

Last edited: