• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Bill Question

mkl

imported post

Tess wrote:
mkl wrote:
Here is the letter I got back from my Senator about SB 476.
I sent a letter before the vote asking that she support SB 476. After she voted against SB 476, I sent another letter afterwards saying I was disappointed in how she was voting on issues. This is the response I got to the second letter:

"Thank you for your message to Senator Whipple. SB 476 was successful in the Senate and is most likely to pass in the House of Delegates as well.

The Senator accepts existing gun owners rights but rarely supports their further extension. "

Wow, how gracious of the senator to "accept" my constitutional rights.
I'm surprised you got even that.  MM Whipple is notoriously anti-gun.  I've seen her speak.  She's never met a firearm she didn't want to puke on.

I've been sending personalized letters to all of the politicians that represent me about all the issues I care about, thats the first time I got a response from her other than just "We have received your letter and noted your position on the issue".

I'll keep it up, I got a letter from Albert C. Eisenberg as well ( House rep)
"HB 109 was referred to the House Committee on Militia, Police, and Public Safety, and was left in that committee. I do not believe that this bill is necessary because it is already a law in Virginia. "