• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun carrying Ladies

Harper1227

imported post

Hi all.

Well as is often the case, my husband got me into carrying. I used to get annoyed when he would do it, thinking he was just asking for trouble. (I was born and raised in NJ - I know,I know.) I grew up with different views than my husband who was from SE Ohio. I mean I was in the Army, I shot guns, I liked to go to the range and shoot on the weekends with friends. But, to me the thought of carrying on me at all times was kinda overkill.

But as he got me reading some of the defensive sites and i started paying attention to all the home invasions and store shootings I kinda understood why he felt the need to protect us. Than we moved to VA and he let me carry his SIG and I felt very confident about my safety and that of our small child. After I got my own CWP we went out and bought his and hers SIGs he's got a 229 and me a 239. I love it! He's turned me into a 'gun nut' as i used to call him. I mentioned it before to Lima, but we need to get a girl's day out. Get all the OC ladies to go out for lunch or something, bet that would cause a stir :p.

I see a lot of wife pictures. you guys need to get your wives chatting on the boards! I logged in oncewhen my husband wanted me to comment on a post and nowI check the board about 2 dozen times a day.