• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun control groups going after companies that "allow open carry"

EMNofSeattle

It Appears......

that you can order bulk sheets of $2 bills from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing

you can order in sheets from 4 to 32 notes, of course, you'll have to pay shipping and processing.....

http://www.moneyfactorystore.gov/2currencysheetsbeptestsheet.aspx

of course considering they want 100 dollars for 64 dollars of bills... it's hardly a bargin, still if you can't find 'em somewhere else it's an option..

Last edited:

eye95

that you can order bulk sheets of $2 bills from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing

you can order in sheets from 4 to 32 notes, of course, you'll have to pay shipping and processing.....

http://www.moneyfactorystore.gov/2currencysheetsbeptestsheet.aspx

of course considering they want 100 dollars for 64 dollars of bills... it's hardly a bargin, still if you can't find 'em somewhere else it's an option..

Hmmmm.....You save them the effort of slicing up the sheets into individual bills, and they charge you for the privilege of doing it yourself. Yep. That's government for ya!

eye95

Giving all due credit to March Hare, who started us down this path, I am going to start a thread that is going to probably draw wider appeal.

This $2A bill idea has huge potential.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

b0neZ

The "2A" bill I do not recall hearing of before, and is a great idea. I'll start doing that here in my area.

Using the $2 bill to show support though has been around since at least the beginning of last year that I know of. It was successful, to a degree, in practice.

Can't link from here, but as a cite please search "Starbucks supports 2A" on Nevadashooters.com.

eye95

Please post your support for the idea in the thread dedicated to the "Two-A Dollar Bill." It is in the General forum.

March Hare

Not my original idea

Some clarification, I don't want anyone thinking I'm trying to hijack someone else's original idea.

I didn't come up with this idea, I've just been doing it since it came around the first time, during the Starbucks Boycott the antis were putting on.

I just thought I'd mention it since I think it's a good thing and enjoy seeing peoples faces when they see a $2 bill for (usually) the first time!

-MH

eye95

There's one little snag with that idea. The Secret Service considers that "mutilation" of the currency. Even writing "Happy Birthday" or "Go Team" is a violation of those obscure and arcane laws.
Nice idea but not worth the risk for one letter.

Cite?

<o>

eye95

Sorry, when it comes to stating what the law says, personal experience carries zero weight. I know of two sections of code that discuss mutilating money, and neither prohibit what we are suggesting. If you know of a law that prohibits writing an "A" on the bill, please share it. Otherwise, I call Bravo Sierra!

<o>

Deacon Blues

18 U.S.C. § 333 (emphasis mine):

"Whoever mutilates, cuts, defaces, disfigures, or perforates, or
unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank
bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national
banking association, or Federal Reserve bank, or the Federal
Reserve System, with intent to render such bank bill, draft, note,
or other evidence of debt unfit to be reissued, shall be fined
under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both."

From http://moneyfactory.gov/uscurrency/damagedcurrency.html:

"What is Not Mutilated Currency?

Any badly soiled, dirty, defaced, disintegrated, limp, torn, worn, out
currency note that is CLEARLY MORE than one-half of the original
note, and does not require special examination to determine its
value. These notes should be exchanged through your local bank."

As long as you're not intentionally making it unfit to remain in circulation, or trying to defraud someone, I can't find where you're in the wrong.

FreeInAZ

Hmmmm....The $2 bill as the calling card of the 2A advocate. I like that. I am gonna stock up on $2 bills and use them EVERYWHERE!

<o>

We did this last year on a group outing to a starbucks. Poor kid at the register was baffled trying to figure out where to put the bills - as their is not slot for them in the register. ;) He was a good sport about it.

BFDMikeCT

@freeinAZ. Lmao! Didn't even think of that. With today's dumbed down society I could see that being a huge brain fart.

eye95

As long as you're not intentionally making it unfit to remain in circulation, or trying to defraud someone, I can't find where you're in the wrong.

I was trying to get the poster who misrepresented the law to look it up! :lol:

There is another section he can find that also prohibits mutilation. However, that section requires the mutilation to be fraudulent. One example could be washing a One to reprint it as a Twenty.

It is a common myth that writing on a bill is illegal, but one of the foundational ideas of this site is that we cite actual law. Leave it to the cops to operate under mythology. We operate under the law.

There is nothing illegal about writing an "A" on the bill.

joanie

Although I've never written on money, I have gotten money with all kinds of weird things written on it. drawings, pictures, mustash on the president, glasses, ect. never had a problem spending it. I would think they would have a hard time prooving that you were in fact the one who wrote on the money.

So, legal or not, it's just not something I see them enforcing. Most won't know what the 2a on the 2 dollar bill means anyhow. Maybe if in tiny writing, put,

"right of the people"

on the top, and,

"shall not be infringed"

on the bottom. Now that, I think would be awesome! So we're only doing this on 2 dollar bills, right?

eye95

...So we're only doing this on 2 dollar bills, right?

If you are asking what the suggestion it is, it is to write an "A" next to the "2" in the lower-left corner.

If you are proposing a different idea, do it to whatever bills you want. I am going with the simple idea proposed.

eye95

Just thought I'd bump this up. I've been seeing mentions of $2 bills here an there, but I'd love to see more carriers just start spending the things to get them into circulation. If you put the "A" next to the "2" in the lower left corner of the bill, it'll be easy to recognize when you get one that another carrier circulated.

Some folks are tipping with them. Others are frequenting strip clubs. ^_^ I suggest just spending the hell outta them wherever you can. Try to normalize their circulation just like we are trying to normalize OC.

So far, I've circulated two to three hundred of the things.

<o>

davidmcbeth

Banned
Just thought I'd bump this up. I've been seeing mentions of $2 bills here an there, but I'd love to see more carriers just start spending the things to get them into circulation. If you put the "A" next to the "2" in the lower left corner of the bill, it'll be easy to recognize when you get one that another carrier circulated.

Some folks are tipping with them. Others are frequenting strip clubs. ^_^ I suggest just spending the hell outta them wherever you can. Try to normalize their circulation just like we are trying to normalize OC.

<o>

Nice thread resurrection ... send a few hundred over to me ... I'll get them into circulation.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

<o>

Nice thread resurrection ... send a few hundred over to me ... I'll get them into circulation.

I have a limited supply available at $5.00 to $10.00 each - dependent on condition. 10% discount on orders of over $100.00. Free shipping, but buyer must pay for insurance. Absolutely no refunds. Presently working to restock from my supplier. Note: Offer may be withdrawn at any time w/o prior notice.

Also have uncirculated $2.00 bill available free. Send self addressed envelope w/postage & credit card info for personalized $2.00 bill - note that your bill will be marked "Paid" prior to shipping. A $20.00 charge (shipping & handling fee) will appear on your credit card statement as "Golden Gate Bridge Sale Project". This item is non-returnable, but is guaranteed to be in original, like new condition. For a limited time, a sample is available on request, with receipt of $10.00 (cash or credit) applicable to your first order within 30 business days.

Inquire about about our unique franchise opportunities.

The above is void where prohibited by law.

bushwacker

Hmmmm....The $2 bill as the calling card of the 2A advocate. I like that. I am gonna stock up on $2 bills and use them EVERYWHERE!

<o>
that's a good idea and put a little A beside the 2 also , and no, its not against the law to write on a bill (searched it on ask .com) unless ur slandering someone or something of that manner , we could register the number with wheres George been and see if we receive one back that another ocdo member used

Last edited: