• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun owner shoots would-be robber in Toledo

Trigger Dr

imported post

HankT, keep on trying... you simply want someone to say they think thieves should be killed so you can put a bad light on OC or gun rights as a whole. I will answer you once again, but a little more emphaticlly.

Thieves know and accept the risks involved with their chosen profession. By assuming these risks, they also accept and assume the consequences of their acts. If that consequence is death, they have made a choice that could have avoided. The choice is theirs to make. I will accomodate them based upon their compliance with my loud verbal instruction.

Now please confine your trolling to salmon fishing and leave us alone.

Charles Paul Lincoln

imported post

HankT wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
HankT wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
Thieves are aware of the risk involved and by accepting that risk, they also accept the consequences.
Do you think that thieves should be killed?
Agree with Trigger Dr........if you are a thief, better hope I'm not home when you break in. In the Old West, horse thieves were hung.....don't see anything wrong with that.
So, you think that thieves today should be killed, C365?

There is a difference between a thief and a burgler. The homeowner in Toledo shot a burgler at night in his own home, when the perp refused multiple orders to stop. Had the incident occurred in daylight and the perp was trying to steal a can of gas from the yard, and the perp ran when confronted, the result would be different.

Charles

1245A Defender

imported post

the perp kept coming up the stairs in the face of the armed home owner protecting his family. had oppertunity to go away/flee, he was begging for the proper outcome, the only right responce to that threat, even if he was unarmed:uhoh:"dont know if the BG was weaponed or not, but it doesnt matter". he was a big threat and had to be stopped!

insert HankTs PCSD here. i am proud of this home owner!

kparker

imported post

If a man believes something, he wouldn't be ....ashamed....of what he believed, would he?

OK, I'll step up to your challenge: I believe that this forum would be a far better place without your participation, and I'm proud to stand up and say so.