• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun owners miffed by SLC airport's confusing no-firearms signs

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
I can be tolerant (allow it to be around me, not attack it through forceful means) but not accept (internalize, take as my own belief) many things in this society. I can still exercise my own right of expression though and defend my own beliefs when nessesary.
Redacted only to keep this post short.

Thank you for a well written and thoughtful perspective. I could not, and have not, said it any better.

Charles

tarzan1888

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
..........David should not have left at all.

I have not seen one person that has posted on this thread, that has stated the David shouldhave removed himself fromthis forum.

My point has always been that the two main posters in his little discussion, know each other well from real life.

In their knowledge of each other, and other events, not in evidence here, they have been so influencedthat they read into comments of each other, made here, things that we, the rest of this forum, are not privileged to.

As a direct result of other thoughts and actions of these two individuals, from another place and another time, statements were made and David decided to leave. His choice.

Now back to here and now.

Isay again.....I carry in the non sterile portions of the Salt Lake Airport, when I travel there, and encourage others to do so too.

Nowlets get on with the real discussion of this thread.

Tarzan

Tacomatose

imported post

Mr. Magnum wrote:
Lonnie Wilson wrote:
I didn't make a secondary post following up on this situation, but given recent events, I feel the need to speak up.

David made a point about sodomy LAWS. Not the act, LAWS. There's a huge difference in discussion between the two, and he made a corallary (sp?) between the two situations (preempted local rules and laws versus unenforceable laws.

He is essentially correct that Utah has certain laws on the books which stand unenforced but still may be used to justify a possible false arrest.

I think it's hypocritical for an open carrier, who pushes for the acceptance of open carry in their daily lives with others around them, who demands that the law enforcement community accept the fact that they are sovereign individuals not to be trifled with on violations of their constitutional rights against search, seizure, and unreasonable detainment; and then go back and state that they believe that the state has the right to regulate the private conduct of consenting adults, or that they need to "keep their lives private" by never disclosing anything about their lives while the ones who happen to demand "go back in the closet, gays" can freely talk open carrying with their wives, having lunch with them while doing so.

David should not have left at all.
+1
-1.....Leave the garbage off this forum and stick to the topic of gun rights. As hypocritical as it may be, this is not a gay rights forum, or a religious forum, so lets stick to the topic!! David was always trying to rock the boat with his own agendas and I personally won't miss his posts. But as its been said many times.....its all a matter of opinion.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Last night I went to the Airport OCing.

I arrived at about 10:45 PM, mywife told me that her flight landed at 11:00Pm so I was in plenty of time.

I was standing there reading "Utah Gun Laws" by Mitch, and asI was walking to look at the Arrival Board I got the comment from a gentleman -"Nice gun:D", who was there with his family to pick up as I found out later -"GRAN'MA!!!!"

I believe I got a look or two. My wife got to where Luggage Pick-up is around 11:15 Pm. As we were wiating for the luggage there was a Gentleman that REALLY was googling me and walking around trying to "keep an eye" on me.

At around 11:25-ich the bags started to roll out. We got my wife's and left.

No confrontation for the Airport PD but I for certain know that ALL cameras, or at least MANY cameras were right on me the whole time.

Over all a very good experience.

TJ

P.S The ILLEGAL firearms signs has been replaced by NO OVERNIGHT PARKING signs D.S:celebrate

rocknsnow

imported post

I also oc'ed there recently and noticed the same. Just different signs. They most likely just didn't want to have to clean the window so they posted something else instead...:lol: