• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Show - Sellers watch out

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Am I being an @$$hole or responsible person for this attitude?
Well....no, and not irresponsible either.
The problem with your procedure is that it only furthers the "We all gots to have ID" attitude.
If someone wants ID, I won't buy from him. No hard feelings. You have your plan and I have mine.

We have been indoctrinated from birth with the idea that good people don't have anything to fear from the Government.
I don't hold with that theory. I go with the "What they don't know, won't hurt me" line of thinking.

The seller can ask me anything he likes. If he wants to know if I have any legal reaon I can't buy the gun, I'll be happy to answer. If he wants to see my ID...

First, I don't have any. I have a drivers license which is a drivers license. I haven't seen my SS card since 1972.

I have a General Assembly ID but he isn't with the Capitol Police and we wouldn't be doing that transaction on General Assembly Grounds.

Second, I don't show ID...period, unless there is what I consider a legitimate reason.

So no, you're not being an Ahole. We all have our priorities and everyone else should respect them. Not necessarily follow them, but certainly recognize the right.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

buster81 wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:
Did anyone see the report on Ch. 8 last night about a Tech student who secretly recorded at a Gun Show? I recorded the Janet Jackson interview and am watching it now and saw a blurb for it. Is this just a replay of what was on 20/20 awhile back? Or is it something new?

You can see the kid's video here. Of course, it appears in Mrs. Casey's fear blog.

http://blogs.roanoke.com/rtblogs/dancasey/2009/11/18/brady-campaign-video-stars-virginia-tech-survivor/#comments
In the Richmond clip, you can see David's Collectibles. My table is usually right across from his. Glad I'm not in the video....

TFred

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
In the Richmond clip, you can see David's Collectibles. My table is usually right across from his. Glad I'm not in the video....
You can be sure you will never appear in one of their propaganda clips... your existence as a professional, competent training organization does not advance their agenda.

TFred

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

TFred wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
You can be sure you will never appear in one of their propaganda clips... your existence as a professional, competent training organization does not advance their agenda.

TFred
Thank you TFred. That is a very nice compliment!

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

peter nap wrote:
He'll get off. I'm sure he was only getting his dogs!:X
He was still hunting...if you see the word 'hunt' do you automatically have to throw a jab at people who hunt with dogs?

(But while we're on the subject, I took a decent 8 last weekend. .308, no dogs :celebrate)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

SaltH2OHokie wrote:
peter nap wrote:
He'll get off. I'm sure he was only getting his dogs!:X
He was still hunting...if you see the word 'hunt' do you automatically have to throw a jab at people who hunt with dogs?

(But while we're on the subject, I took a decent 8 last weekend. .308, no dogs :celebrate)

Everyone's gotta have a hobby:celebrate
Not to destroy my reputation as a dog hunter hater, I spent about 4 hours Saturday with friends who are dog hunters, making fun of them. They just ignore me:lol:

I wish that fellow had been a dog hunter. Worthless OB, gives everybody a bad name.

So far, only one dog.

The hunters stayed a L O N G way away.

Congratulation on the 8 pointer. I only got to go one day so far and a spike is all I've gotten. See what happens tomorrow.

packin_NC_79

imported post

peter nap wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
Am I being an @$$hole or responsible person for this attitude?
Well....no, and not irresponsible either.
The problem with your procedure is that it only furthers the "We all gots to have ID" attitude.
If someone wants ID, I won't buy from him. No hard feelings. You have your plan and I have mine.

We have been indoctrinated from birth with the idea that good people don't have anything to fear from the Government.
I don't hold with that theory. I go with the "What they don't know, won't hurt me" line of thinking.

The seller can ask me anything he likes. If he wants to know if I have any legal reaon I can't buy the gun, I'll be happy to answer. If he wants to see my ID...

First, I don't have any. I have a drivers license which is a drivers license. I haven't seen my SS card since 1972.

I have a General Assembly ID but he isn't with the Capitol Police and we wouldn't be doing that transaction on General Assembly Grounds.

Second, I don't show ID...period, unless there is what I consider a legitimate reason.

So no, you're not being an Ahole. We all have our priorities and everyone else should respect them. Not necessarily follow them, but certainly recognize the right.
Amen!! I've been saying that for years, it holds more truth and weight today than it ever did.

nova

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
buster81 wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:
Did anyone see the report on Ch. 8 last night about a Tech student who secretly recorded at a Gun Show? I recorded the Janet Jackson interview and am watching it now and saw a blurb for it. Is this just a replay of what was on 20/20 awhile back? Or is it something new?

You can see the kid's video here. Of course, it appears in Mrs. Casey's fear blog.

http://blogs.roanoke.com/rtblogs/dancasey/2009/11/18/brady-campaign-video-stars-virginia-tech-survivor/#comments
I only watched up to the part where the seller is counting the money from the Maadi AK purchase. Seems to me like he satisfies the requirement of seeing that the buyer is an OH resident. He asks him if he is an OH resident, fake buyer says yes. Gives his OH address.

Hell thats more than what I've given when buying a gun from a forum member in VA.

BUT, I would have been suspect after the fake buyer says "that's diesel"

WTF does that mean? Am I not up to date on current idiot slang? :?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

nova wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
So...was he saying that the AK was heroin, or a clothing brand? :lol:

j/k

where do people think of this stuff?
Hip Doods!

I have an idea. I got rooked on a Marlin 22 a few years ago. The fellow didn't tell me hae had taken the firing pin out.

I wonder if they would like to buy that without a background check.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

SaltH2OHokie wrote:
Wonder what they do with the guns they buy?
Gave em to the Cops and they were complaining because the Police didn't want to take it off the street.