• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun-Toting Soccer Mom, Husband Shot Dead

Sonora Rebel

imported post

fingers80002 wrote:
Hey @#$%.
Go @#$% yourself!!!!!

She was a very dear friend of mine.

did you know her?
or him?

Probably not......

I did........
'Got anger management problems? Is that a 'thing' in Hanover these days? Lay off the pretzels.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

fingers80002 wrote:
Congrat jackass.

You just sent another person away from this forum.

Bye, to all the good folks here.
Well, I for one do not think much of folks using profanity on the forum. I may have been guilty of it in the past, but I have seen the error in my ways. I read it at work sometimes and our policy is nothing vulgar, so I'm all for you leaving if you can't type like a civil, patriotic gentleman or lady.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

fingers80002 may have low post count here, but is a prolific poster and well thought of member on PaFOA forum. He was a close and personal friend of Meleanie Hain who was a tragic victim of domestic violence.

The PaFOA forum would not tolerate the slander and personal attacks that seem to slip by here. I personally do not see using @#$% as cursing (YMMV) or calling someone a jackass wrong - we have more than one on this forum.

I understand defending one of our own (higher post count) from outside intrusion, but no one has my OK to cast disparaging remarks about the recently deceased - it is just plain disrespectful and should not be tolerated.

Meleanie was more than a friend to many. She was an inspiration, an example of how to conduct oneself when under fire from the evil empire. She was grace personified.

I sincerely doubt that any would want to speak ill of her in private in my presence.
That I think was Mr. Finger's point/reaction. I have offered him my personal apology and am not hesitant to say so.

Yata hey

XD40coyote

imported post

Oh I don't like this at all. 2 men who I know from forums, 1 of whom I have met in person on at least6 occassions, having a tiff. I know Sonora Rebel more from the suntalk forums for the Baltimore newsragbirdcagepaper. He says it like it is and is known for telling Baltimorons what morons they are.I am sorry that he said what he said to you Fingers, I hope he apologizes. For both of us.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I do not see the problem with villifying a murderer.
I would tend to agree, but they apparently were a freind to both family members and this is a tragic situation for all who were close to their family maybe a little tact would be prudent.

ecocks

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I do not see the problem with villifying a murderer.
I would tend to agree, but they apparently were a freind to both family members and this is a tragic situation for all who were close to their family maybe a little tact would be prudent.

He may be a friend but murder is murder.I hardly see the comment as particularly "villifying" him.

This has nothing to do with knowing either party or whether Melanie Hain was a hero or a fool. She appears to clearly be a victim, pure and simple. It is certainly NOT an anti's smart move to grasp it as a story to properly illustrate the need for increased gun control and reliance on LEO's with regard to their own stability and ability to protect citizens.

BTW, my understanding is that the husband is a State Parole/Probation officer rather than a "policeman". Unless the news is misreporting this, we should properly ID him as such, and avoidusing it as an example of LEO skills and more of one where we should not necessarily trust the skills of those issued guns by the government to protect themselves and others.

The reports on this event seem to pretty wellpaint a pictureof an unstablehusband who lost control and murdered his wife. There is little way this can be spun into a sympathy vote for the husband or gun control. He may well have been sick or distraught, but this situation points up the fact that we are unable to rely on anyone other than ourselves for protection.

It also reminds us that wearing a gun to a soccer game, at Kohl'sor while sitting at home using your PC is not stupid.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

He is a Law enforcement officers, had a few different positions, but I don't know how it works in his state but our parole officers here are LEO's too.

All I was saying is we should use some tact. I personally don't know the man, but his actions are dispicable to me , and Melanie is a Hero, to some and she was someone I used as an example for many female freinds my wife included as a great example of a woman who carried for all the right reasons.

Her interview with where she shot down NY city police detective and the head of Cease fire, was on spot and a worthwhile viewing of how many of should handle the anti's we have discussions with.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I wonder, how does this work for the argument that "Nobody needs a gun, that is what the Police are for?"