• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns for teachers poll

heresolong

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
NOT AN ATTACK, JUST POINTING SOMETHING OUT. :)

IIRC, it is legal in TX to OC in your place of business. School=teacher's place of business. :)
Might want to be careful with this line of reasoning. You might be able to OC in "your" place of business. You don't actually own the school as a teacher but are an employee so this probably doesn't cover you.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Orygunner wrote:

I completely disagree. I think guns have just as much ofa place in schools as do footballs, baseballs, hockey sticks and cheerleading pom-poms. I think schools should bring back shooting sports and rifle clubs. Shooting sports teach discipline, responsibility, and safety.

...Orygunner...
This might make an interesting study. The number of kids killed or injured annually in school or during school activitiessuch as sports compared to those killed or injured by guns. Nationally or by state

Bear 45/70

imported post

irfner wrote:
Orygunner wrote:

I completely disagree. I think guns have just as much ofa place in schools as do footballs, baseballs, hockey sticks and cheerleading pom-poms. I think schools should bring back shooting sports and rifle clubs. Shooting sports teach discipline, responsibility, and safety.

...Orygunner...
This might make an interesting study. The number of kids killed or injured annually in school or during school activitiessuch as sports compared to those killed or injured by guns. Nationally or by state
Swimming pools kill more kids every year than guns do. So why aren't pools illegal?

joeroket

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
irfner wrote:
Orygunner wrote:

...Orygunner...
Swimming pools kill more kids every year than guns do. So why aren't pools illegal?
Because they are fun??? Oh wait so are firearms....nevermind.