• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

guns with silencers

Agent 47

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
That would be like owning a car I could only drive in another state. Waste of money unless I was moving there. If I can't use it at home it seems pretty useless to me and I am on a permanent vacation finally and go when and where I want, but I live here because I like it.

So, we have pretty well established that YOU have no need or desire for a silencer, obviously you sit at home dreaming of the outside world inspite what you claim. But the rest of us, who actually get out and do something with our lives, like to take advantage of the freedoms we pay for and get out and see other places and do other things. Tell me, do you use this same argument to keep people from buying boats? because they are pretty freeking useless sitting in the driveway,right? so nobody should own a boat or a fishing pole or skies or an airplane because that would mean they have to go somewhere outside the four walls they live in to use it. So just because you won't get off your couch and enjoy life doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't either.

John Hardin

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
John Hardin wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Not the gun, the silencer. I have damaged hearing from gun fire (Nam) and I know what the noise can do to you. But a silencer has no use except to hide the fact you have fired your weapon. The only reason to do that would be to hide what you have done.That would mean your did something you should not have.
Oh, for pete's sake. You know from personal experience what loud noise can do to your hearing yet you see no legitimate purpose in a suppressor?

If I am called on to defend myself or my family in close proximity in an enclosed space (say, my bedroom) I would much rather do so with a suppressor than have my or my loved ones' hearing damaged, either temporarily or permanently.

It makes even more sense in a car, as the space is that much smaller and the effects of the noise that much more magnified.

And the effects of very loud (140+dbA) impulse noise on a fetus is unknown but can't be good, as the effects of prolonged loud noise exposure are serious. Wouldn't you rather a pregnant woman had the ability to defend herself without risking permanent developmental damage to her baby?

Using a suppressor should not be a crime unless it is used in the commission of a crime.
YOU seem to be over looking the FACT that it is illegal to fire the gun with a silencer in Washington. If you do, regardless of the reason, you broke the law, stupid asit is.
I am not. Note the last sentence in my post. And I am trying to get the law changed, and asking others to join that effort.

Bear, will you contact your legislators and ask them to sponsor or co-sponsor the suppressor amendment I'm pushing? Or is your position truly that suppressors have no legitimate use and are truly only useful to criminals?

Your economic comments (that it is silly to own something you cannot use) are reasonable given the current law. However, I object to your comments that the only use for a suppressor is to further a crime, and hope that we can convince you to change your position if that is truly what it is.

Bear 45/70

imported post

BluesBear wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
You wouldn't know bad if it
nutkick.gif
.... It's not two faced of me but it is for you because you are not looking at the real over all picture.

Oh please. Don't try to tell us how bad you are. You'redefinitely not a badass.You're just too lazy to do anything except hit the quote button, copy an entire post and then still pussyfoot around the real issues.Hell's Bells™ you don't even read what you quote. You never answer direct questions. You skirt the issues and feebly attempt to redirect the flow of conversation.

Bear 45/70 you ARE talking out of both sides of your mouth. Either that or you're using another orifice. I posted examples of you contradicting yourself and you ignore it. I ask you a direct question and you ignore it. And then you have the audacity to say that we're not looking at the overall picture? If anyone can't see thepicture it's because of the huge pile of bullshit you've dumped in front of it.

I have changed my mind about one thing. I think you thrive on conflict. You create groundless statements just to create discontent. You don't discuss, you don't debate, you just argue. And you don't even do that well. I suspect you suffer from Jergens Mynestenia or some other mental malfunction. You're a waste of our time and I really wish this forum had an ignore function because I have come to the conclusion that you simply have nothing worthwhile to say.
There is no contradiction in following a law even if you think it is a bad law. It appears if I have a different view than you guys I'm a trouble maker. Geez, I didn't know this was Communist China.

Agent 47

imported post

BluesBear wrote:

I have changed my mind about one thing. I think you thrive on conflict. You create groundless statements just to create discontent. You don't discuss, you don't debate, you just argue. And you don't even do that well. I suspect you suffer from Jergens Mynestenia or some other mental malfunction. You're a waste of our time and I really wish this forum had an ignore function because I have come to the conclusion that you simply have nothing worthwhile to say.

Blues Bear is exactly correct in this statement, Lets go over a couple things you have " Contributed" to this discussion.

"In Washington state a silencer on your gun=jail. In Oregon a silencer on your gun= totally legalif you have the ATF papers. Same goes for a machine gun."

"So what the hell would be the point of attachinga silencerif you have now made your gun into a rock because you can't fire it. Get real people, only a wannabe would attach a silencer to a weapon and not be able to fire it. Pretty much defeats the purpose of a silencer."

"Spending all this money and for what, something you can't ever use and it's purpose, at least for a private citizen is to commit a crime, because a silencer has no real purpose except to conceal your shooting someone."

"Why o you think the Feds keep track of them? Assassins use them."

"OH, I suppose owning a silencer makes you brave and lets you shoot your gun more often. Oh! that's right it's illegal to use the damned thing here, so you can't use it. You can have it but if you can't use it sowhat's the point? You can't even name a benefit of owning a silencer or you would have already."

"a silencer has no use except to hide the fact you have fired your weapon. The only reason to do that would be to hide what you have done.That would mean your did something you should not have."

"The nuisance factor is people who think owning a useless piece of gear makes them cool and on top of that have given the Feds the right to walk into their home and life to check on them any time the Feds feel like it without any reason given."

I see you have obtained your vast stores of knowledge on the subject at hand from Hollywood, I would suggest doing some research on the subject at hand before continuing to contribute ABSOLUTELY NO PERTINENT ORACCURATE INFORMATION TO THE THREAD.

BluesBear

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
There is no contradiction in following a law even if you think it is a bad law. It appears if I have a different view than you guys I'm a trouble maker. Geez, I didn't know this was Communist China.

Bear 45/70, it's not about following a law. It's about YOU saying;
it's purpose, at least for a private citizen is to commit a crime, because a silencer has no real purpose except to conceal your shooting someone.
Even if we disregard the 2nd grade grammardeficiency of not knowing the difference between you're and your, thats a pretty lame statement even from you. It was then proven to be not onlystupid but completely untrue.Only after you couldn't mount an intelligent rebuttal to that did you then start saying the law was bad. Typical Jergens Mynestenia behavior.

Just another example of your style. If you can't convince them, confuse them. If you can't confuse them, then resort to personal attacks.

Bear 45/70

imported post

BluesBear wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

Bear 45/70, it's not about following a law. It's about YOU saying;
it's purpose, at least for a private citizen is to commit a crime, because a silencer has no real purpose except to conceal your shooting someone.
Even if we disregard the 2nd grade grammardeficiency of not knowing the difference between you're and your, thats a pretty lame statement even from you. It was then proven to be not onlystupid but completely untrue.Only after you couldn't mount an intelligent rebuttal to that did you then start saying the law was bad. Typical Jergens Mynestenia behavior.

Just another example of your style. If you can't convince them, confuse them. If you can't confuse them, then resort to personal attacks.
You guys want a silencer, get one. It doesn't make you cool especially as you can't fire the weapon with it mounted, which basically disarms you if you mount the stupid thing. If you fire the gun it is a crime and there isn't any two ways about it. If you primarily shoot here in Washington and make one of two trips a year to where you can use it, it's pretty expensive for 2 uses a year. I'll spend my money on something I can use when I want as often as I want. Like another gun I can use. As to my hearing, I wear electronic muffs and if it is a combat situation, it shouldn't happen that often in the United Statesor you are real unlucky or too stupid to stay out of bad places. FYI, when your grammar becomes perfect then bitch at me, otherwise get stuffed.

Agent 47

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
You guys want a silencer, get one. It doesn't make you cool especially as you can't fire the weapon with it mounted,
I think your statement would carry a bit more weight if you had shown yourself a bit more of a reliablesource on what exactly constitutes "cool". As for the rest of your post I have refuted your lame duck arguments time and again throughout this thread and you have refused to respond with reasonable debate.As suchI will regard your unwillingness to provide a rebuttal as an acknowledgment of your general ineptitude on the subject and do kindly ask, yet again, that you cease and desist your blundering intrusion into such discussions of which you offer neither accurate nor beneficial information.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
You guys want a silencer, get one. It doesn't make you cool especially as you can't fire the weapon with it mounted,
I think your statement would carry a bit more weight if you had shown yourself a bit more of a reliablesource on what exactly constitutes "cool". As for the rest of your post I have refuted your lame duck arguments time and again throughout this thread and you have refused to respond with reasonable debate.As suchI will regard your unwillingness to provide a rebuttal as an acknowledgment of your general ineptitude on the subject and do kindly ask, yet again, that you cease and desist your blundering intrusion into such discussions of which you offer neither accurate nor beneficial information.
Agent 47 and BluesBear have turned into twins doing exactly what they have accused me of. I'll go this route instead; "Arguing with morons is a loosing proposition, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" I quit as I don't want to turn into you two.

BluesBear

imported post

It's been years since the last time I was loosely propositioned. :celebrate

Now calling A47 and me twins?! Now there's some fightin' words.

As for being morons... well... it's not us who are too stupid to use proper grammar or too lazy to use the built-in forum spell checker. I think it's been us who were the ones engaged in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.