• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Guy just got whacked...

Batousaii

imported post

>meso.40< wrote:
I was out with my gf today shooting, and i remembered this post. So i decided to try it!
We were using human analog targets, about 2 feet wide and maybe 3 feet tall, supposed to be like the upper torso and head of a person. She had her ruger LCR, and we used a purse she had, which she agreed to use as she had just gotten a new one.

So i had her put it in the pocket in her purse her lcr usually sits in, and told her to fire 5 shots at the target from about 10 feet away.
The way she was holding her purse was the strap thing over her shoulder and her hand inside, as if you were carrying it casually.
She fired all 5 rounds at the target, surprisingly, 4 of the 5 rounds hit the target, all about 8 inches from the others. I have no idea where the 5th went. Wasn't on the paper anywhere.

So i guess the conclusion is that if you absolutely have to, it could be done, but not very safely. That 1 shot that missed could go and hit an innocent person.

In my opinion, practice it anyway. Never know when it would come in handy, just make sure its not her primary defensive strategy.

Now you just need a bicycle ... :uhoh:

:pJ/K - funny mis-post eh.

*1911_man*

imported post

Oh i know. FAIL. Sometimes i just have so many tabs open i get all kins of lost.
Im only human. :celebrate

Sonora Rebel

imported post

This thing's gone cold...

"Brian J. Pedersen / Arizona Daily Star | Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 8:18 am

Tucson police continue to investigate the shooting death of a loan officer inside a north-side fast food restaurant last week, but after initially having a person of interest in custody the case appears to have gone cold.

Thomas S. Piazza, 39, was shot in the head Thursday morning by a man who walked up to him inside the Chick-fil-A at 4585 N. Oracle Road.

The suspect fled the scene on a bicycle, police and witnesses said.

Investigators searched a trailer inside a mobile home park about a mile from the restaurant, and also brought a man in for questioning, but no arrests have been made, said Officer Charles Rydzak, a Tucson Police Department spokesman. Rydzak said the man is considered a person of interest, not a suspect.

Police are waiting on DNA results and other forensic information, and investigators are reviewing surveillance video from the restaurant and other nearby businesses, Rydzak said.

There are no plans to release a sketch of the suspect, who was described by witnesses as being in his 40s or 50s with a stocky build, wearing a bicycle helmet and a dark windbreaker.

Piazza had been in the restaurant waiting for the start of a weekly breakfast meeting with a local Christian business networking group.

Investigators were looking into whether Piazza’s death was linked to his involvement in a mortgage and real estate scam that is the subject of a June 2009 civil fraud lawsuit filed by Arizona Attorney General Terry Goddard.

Contact reporter Brian J. Pedersen at bjp@azstarnet.com or 573-4224."