• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had the police called while I was shopping

dt

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Maybe a dinner down there would be a good idea...

I work about three blocks away... let's do it. I've CC'd there countless times, as well as the Wal-Mart down the street where the other incident happened, have never seen a 'No Weapons' sign or anything of the sort.

Looks like OC is shaking things up in Clark County. Bout time.\

nathan

imported post

I got a copy of the Incident Report today. It is very amusing. I will scan it and post it online asap.

911 said they have five business days to make the recording for me. I will post that when I get it, too.

My favorite line from the Incident Report:
"When asked by 911 if the male was making any gestures towards the weapon, they said no, he appears to just be shopping"

I am currently writing my formal complaint and will complete it after receiving and reviewing the 911 call and dispatch traffic.

just_a_car

imported post

Good work, nathan. Remember, you have our full support in this and if you need any assistance, you need only ask. Many of us are more than happy to help since we know it could just as easily been us in that situation.

IanB

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Good work, nathan. Remember, you have our full support in this and if you need any assistance, you need only ask. Many of us are more than happy to help since we know it could just as easily been us in that situation.
+1000

Phssthpok

imported post

My favorite line from the Incident Report: "When asked by 911 if the male was making any gestures towards the weapon, they said no, he appears to just be shopping"

Actaully I'm going to se this as a silver lining ( however small ) that the 911 operaters are at least ASKING about the 'manner' of carry and passing it along to the responding uniforms. At least it gives you ammunition to counter their claims of 'alarming people'.

They told me that while I wasn't breaking the law was it worth spending the weekend in jail and paying $5,000 to a lawyer to get out of the charges. I asked the officer why he would charge me with a crime that he knew I wouldn't be convicted of. He said _he_ wouldn't do it but some officers might.

This is another thing that got me to thinking. I'd be half tempted to say :

"<guffaw> Why would I want to PAY a lawyer (the courts) to 'get out of' the charges?

The way I see it, the county (since these were deputies) would be paying ME not to sue them, and the the federal felony charges for viloating Title 18 Section 241, Section 242,,and Section 1201 , (not to mention all the state code sections they'd be violaitng) should ensure that the arresting officer would never work in law enforcment, or even own a gun ever again!

So the question is, do YOU think it's worth it to risk a career, and possible imprisonment, to advance a personal ajenda?"

*If the jackboots can 'stack' charges, why can't we?:cool:

Jered

imported post

Your tax dollars pay their salaries.

Go for it.

If you're gonna go for broke, name everyone that you can in the city government as accessories to the conspiracy. It might help wake them up.

joeroket

imported post

nathan wrote:
My favorite line from the Incident Report:
"When asked by 911 if the male was making any gestures towards the weapon, they said no, he appears to just be shopping"
That should have been the end of the incident. They obviously dispatched officers to a man shopping who happened to be carrying a gun, not a man with a gun. They had absolutely no cause to stop you. With that in the 911 call I can just about guarantee they cannot show reasonable suspicion that justified thier contact with you especially since you were following the directive of the manger to leave his store. That shows you are a law abiding citizen and had no intentions of creating an incident or causing a scene.

nathan

imported post

Incident report page 1. I redacted the personal info. I don't know how to make it so you can click and save the image. Mods please help.

Attachments

• IR1.gif.jpg
    IR1.gif.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 267

Bear 45/70

imported post

I see no where in their report any justification for taking and clearing your weapon. Hell there isn't any real justification from the 911 report to even contact you.

nathan

imported post

Especially since they admitted having received training regarding OC being legal. The first deputy that arrived clearly had personal bias again armed citizens and by his actions is guilty of Official Misconduct under Washington state law.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

He must have forgotten to report the part where he offered to have you lay down in the mud, go to jail and have to pay a large legal expense. I guess some things just slip your mind.

Phssthpok

imported post

You know... I've got some major shopping to do this week.....
idea1.gif

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nathan wrote:
The report was written by the third officer which is the one I had the least contact with.

Based ontheincident,is this reportdeliberately incomplete?

Meaning, does itpermit evasion by another officerwho was out of line?