• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had to choose today - the girl or the gun

office888

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Meh... there are more fish in the sea :celebrate
Fish who like guns. :cool:
This is so true.

I'm 21. It's tough to find a girl around my age who isn't in a misinformed idiot. Although I have found / hung out with a couple... :D

-Richard-

lil_freak_66

imported post

alas...i miss my yooper girl! she shot as good if not better than me!

has a lever action 30.30 and all kinds of stuff....

on that note,anybody want to go to the UP and go camping in the hiawatha nat'l forest? specifically in the manistique/cooks/camp 7 lake area...

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:

on that note,anybody want to go to the UP and go camping in the hiawatha nat'l forest? specifically in the manistique/cooks/camp 7 lake area...
What about the one you have now?

lil_freak_66

imported post

aliesha?were together and all that,and i wouldnt do anything to ruin that,as i have a very good reason,thatthe onlyOCDO members thatknow areyou and kimberguy(please keep it that way unless i state otherwise,or make an announcment on here myself)

my yooper aka danielle is just a friend these days,we'll go out on her boat,do a little fishin,or some scuba w/ her brother,shootin...ridin quads and offroadin,and camp.

yall may not believe it,but me and her met through ted nugent himself

aint really like THAT with me and her anymore,just friends these days

PilotPTK

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, US
imported post

T Vance wrote:
So Pilot, have you given her the news yet? What was her reaction? Did you tell her why? Do you plan to tell her why?

I gave her the news as soon as it was obvious the conversation wasn't going to change anything. I told her why I was walking. Her reaction was utter dis-belief.

Also, the reason I gave her wasn't strictly about the gun. I essentially told her that I wanted nothing to do with anyone who would ask me to change who I am - especially one who would ask me to hang up a god-given right. She didn't seem to like it when I suggested that she should suspend her first amendment rights when she is around me.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:

You know... this summer or something, I could potentially be up for that...

My grandparents actually live up in Gould City, in the middle of the woods. Thats an option too.

Haman J.T.

imported post

PilotPTK wrote:
Long story short, I had gone on a few dates with a really nice woman. I hadn't 'hidden' my gun from her, but due to the places we had been meeting at, It was always either concealed or MIA. Just never came up.

Today, we met up for lunch. I was openly carrying. "You have a gun?" - "almost always." - "Oh."

After a few additional questions, she said she would not be in public with me any longer if I carried. There was no convincing her. I hate to tell her this, but the choice between her and the gun was an easy one.

Anyone else separate themselves from people because of their choice to be a brady?

PPtk
I figure these folks just do not understand and we should pray that someday they will.My wife doesn't understand it all,although she will defend herself at home,I believe she has fears about carrying in public.She wants to go shooting soon,so I know for a fact that once she does go shooting and has a blast,all those fears will go away.Back in 99' or so,the railroad serial killer Recindez was on the loose.She thought about the railways near our home in the country and the "why not me?" light went on!Thats what understanding is,when the light goes on.I remind her of that whenever she starts drifting in the anti-gun direction of thinking.If your lady had any ability to accept you as you are,there wouldn't have been a problem.But I'm sad to hear it worked out that way.I'm sure there are a lot of good people who lack that understanding.Carry On!

Haman J.T.

imported post

T Vance wrote:
So Pilot, have you given her the news yet? What was her reaction? Did you tell her why? Do you plan to tell her why?
Did you take her shooting yet?That helps sometimes!

lil_freak_66

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

My grandparents actually live up in Gould City, in the middle of the woods. Thats an option too.

trolls invade da yoopers OC event??

lol.

i prefer rustic camping.

G

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

trolls invade da yoopers OC event??

lol.

i prefer rustic camping.
Enlist in the Army. You'll get to do plenty of rustic camping.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i do gotta quit making plans when im already busy dont i?

aliesha tells me the same thing.lol.

still looking at spring for it.ill be glad to let yall know when im leavin,id rather attend an OC event as a going away party than spend it with family or what i guess you could consider friends...