• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had to kick out a damn OCer today

wrightme

imported post

no carry permit ? wrote:
GWbiker wrote:
no carry permit ? wrote:
People post in every section, not just their State including you. Yep I see many on here as ignorant thugs that seek out confrontation while armed. You read their accounts on here and it is so obvious that they live for these issues. I own businesses in North Carolina & Virginia not Kentucky, not sure where you came up with Kentucky.

There does seem to be an abundance of "free men" in Arizona, Texas and Oklahoma. Most are criminals involved in fraudulent activities and attempting to justify their crimes. The group that was counterfeiting U.S. Currency is a perfect example. They aren't "free men" anymore, they are incarcerated in Federal Prison where all "Free men" types belong.
In case you've forgotten, *YOU* are posting on OpenCarry.org. If you have a problem with OC in southwestern states, then I suggest you confine your keyboard baiting to NC and Virginia.

OR, try the Brady Campaign against violence Facebook page. Your anti OC gun drivel will be most greatly welcomed there.
You are a typical open carry.org loony , anyone that doesn't agree with some of he illogical, counter productive actions of a few wackadoos that open carry are automatically labeled a TROLL, anti-gunner, or someone thathas a problem with open carry.

Get a clue idiot, not everyone here agrees with the extremists that will eventually get open carry banned. Some States now require a carry permit to open carry because of the problem children.

I open carry daily (don't even have a concealed carry permit) and have no problem with open carry. It's the "free men" types that believe their rights trump everyone else's that I have a problem with. I have witnessed countless situations of horrible behavior by these types that hurt the cause of open carry. If guys like you don't start thinking a bit morewe will see " legislationthinking for all of us" and a lot more stores/ restaurants posting.
You are lumping "OC" into a strictly 'in your face' advocacy and protest pile. The portion you ignore is that many persons who OC or CC do it simply because it is their choice for personal protection; one that is somewhat protected by our US Constitution. It isn't about confrontation. It is about personal protection from possible criminal actions. Malls who choose to restrict carry don't do it for the reasons you allege. They do it in a failed attempt to prevent criminals from carrying firearms.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

wrightme wrote:
Malls who choose to restrict carry don't do it for the reasons you allege. They do it in a failed attempt to prevent criminals from carrying firearms.
Is that the only reason the malls restrict carry, in your opinion?

wrightme

imported post

HankT wrote:
wrightme wrote:
Malls who choose to restrict carry don't do it for the reasons you allege. They do it in a failed attempt to prevent criminals from carrying firearms.
In my opinion, it is the paramount reason, but not the only reason. I do not believe the reason presented by "no carry permit" is valid. Do you?

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

I agree with you wrightme, a lot of people do carry mainly for personal protection. Malls and establishments that restrict firearms are only preventing the good guys from carrying.

wrightme wrote:
HankT wrote:
wrightme wrote:
In my opinion, it is the paramount reason, put not the only reason. I do not believe the reason presented by "no carry permit" is valid. Do you?