• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

t33j

MacArthur Mall last night for some food
Stockley Gardens Fall Art Festival this morning - Oh if only I had $1000 which could only be spent on art

I've been casual carrying more often because of the jacket weather.
Thinking of carrying the USP instead of the 1911 more often because of capacity. ->
Police reported a robbery in the Lambert's Point neighborhood near 40th and Bluestone at approximately 10:45 p.m. Police say four or five black males got out of a red van, demanded the victim's wallet and drove away. No weapon was used. Use caution and report any information or suspicious activity to police immediately at 683-4000.

Last edited:

ocholsteroc

MacArthur Mall last night for some food

I was told OC not allowed in the mall??? a cop told me, and a guard. But the signs dont say that:uhoh::D:confused::question:

I havnt been out to oc, I forgot to post last week, a deliver man wanted to know where a address was and I told him, No problems ( I was on me 3 mile walk that day)

45acpForMe

<snip> Oh if only I had $1000 which could only be spent on art

Thinking of carrying the USP instead of the 1911 more often because of capacity. ->

TJ, You can think of that $1000 purchase of the Bobtail as your art purchase! It is a work of art! (and Dan Wesson) :D

Yes many robberies I read about are 2+ attackers so capacity IS an issue. My utility carry gun is my USP and on days I feel pretty I carry my Sig. I haven't been carrying my 1911's much but still like them. I can't wait for Blackhawk to make a SERPA for my FNP-45 at which it may surplant my USP and I will go from 12+1 to 15+1. :banana:

Last edited:

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
McArthur Mall

This mall is a difficult place to deal with. They don't post any clear signs saying no carry, and many here have carried with no consequence, probably because no one has seen them or bothered to report them to security, but trust me, security WILL tell you to leave the mall if you are found to be OC'ing. It will just be a matter of time for you. Same is true for Patrick Henry Mall in York County. Attempts to discuss this later on with security or managemant will lead to the usual gobbledygook about their just wanting a "safe and comfortable environment for our customers". I just take my money elsewhere.

Ruby

TJ, You can think of that $1000 purchase of the Bobtail as your art purchase! It is a work of art! (and Dan Wesson) :D

Yes many robberies I read about are 2+ attackers so capacity IS an issue. My utility carry gun is my USP and on days I feel pretty I carry my Sig. I haven't been carrying my 1911's much but still like them. I can't wait for Blackhawk to make a SERPA for my FNP-45 at which it may surplant my USP and I will go from 12+1 to 15+1. :banana:
I love my Dan Wesson Bobtail Commander, best $1,000 I ever spent and worth every penny! I also carry 2 extra mags and can change out a mag with the slide locked back in about 2 seconds. Not ideal I know, but a .45 round would hit pretty hard. It's a trade off, everyone has their druthers!:lol:

t33j

I was told OC not allowed in the mall??? a cop told me, and a guard. But the signs dont say that:uhoh::D:confused::question:

I havnt been out to oc, I forgot to post last week, a deliver man wanted to know where a address was and I told him, No problems ( I was on me 3 mile walk that day)

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ampton-Roads&p=1356657&viewfull=1#post1356657

I know one of the mall guards saw my gun while I was in Barnes and Nobles. He just took an extended look and kept on going. I got a little bit nervous when I saw him riding an escalator up to my floor with a NPD officer but they split ways at the top.

OCed in the Tabb library for about 1.5hrs this afternoon.
Walmart in York County
Best Buy in Newport News

TJ, You can think of that $1000 purchase of the Bobtail as your art purchase! It is a work of art! (and Dan Wesson)
True true. I guess it just hangs on my belt instead of on my wall. I saw a couple things I really really liked though. I just don't happen to be fortunate enough to be able to part with $600 for a painting or $230 for a photo.

I love my Dan Wesson Bobtail Commander, best $1,000 I ever spent and worth every penny! I also carry 2 extra mags and can change out a mag with the slide locked back in about 2 seconds. Not ideal I know, but a .45 round would hit pretty hard. It's a trade off, everyone has their druthers!

Dunno if I'd call mine the best $1k I've spent but I do enjoy owning one for sure. I carry a spare mag but if I have to quickly reload I'm in trouble.

Last edited:

tcmech

outlet mall

I hit a couple of stores in the outlet mall on my way to harrisonburg and no one seemed to notice the glock. I was carrying in an IWB holster with a white shirt so I know it had some contrast to it.

45acpForMe

OC-ed to the Outback with my daughters for a very good steak. I was actually surprised how good it was since I have been getting average steaks there for a while.

Then onto Ulta for some girl stuff. No one seemed to mind "Dad with a gun" standing cross-armed at the front of the store waiting for my daughters to hurry up! :)

I was hoping to OC to go pumpkin hunting today but maybe next weekend.

ocholsteroc

3-1/2 half mile walk, I let someone come out of their drive way, they waved then honked 3 times. I do not know what that ment..? maybe they like guns? Walmart saw my fav greater we chatted for a seconed, then to get ammo, they didnt have what I wanted(hunting season) in all it was a good day, I havnt been out in a while. Also while checking out I got a funny look from two guys, their heads where looking down at my gun for about 5-10 seconeds.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, while on my walk a cop drove by, no problems (he visits someone in my neighbourhood, I have met him before.)

Picked up a carry light, its a surefire g2 nitrolon, for $50 its great. I really like it, very bright. batteries are a bit much though, $10 for 2, or if you get them from surefire site they are 12 for $22 + shipping. I do not know how well those are charged though...

Last edited:

DJEEPER

3-1/2 half mile walk, I let someone come out of their drive way, they waved then honked 3 times. I do not know what that ment..? maybe they like guns? Walmart saw my fav greater we chatted for a seconed, then to get ammo, they didnt have what I wanted(hunting season) in all it was a good day, I havnt been out in a while.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, while on my walk a cop drove by, no problems (he visits someone in my neighbourhood, I have met him before.)

Picked up a carry light, its a surefire g2 nitrolon, for $50 its great. I really like it, very bright. batteries are a bit much though, $10 for 2, or if you get them from surefire site they are 12 for $22 + shipping. I do not know how well those are charged though...

Check this light out. I have it on my AR15. very bright and nice! http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/LIGHT149-1.html

sst0185

OC'd in Qdoba on Laskin Road, Blue Ridge Mountain Sports, Target.
Food Lion, Wawa, Little Ceasers pizza, Koi Sushi all off of Ferrell Parkway in Va Beach.

ocholsteroc

Had a good open carry day except for Toys R US in Chesapeake finaly put up the evil sign.

Was this the one at the mall?(only one in Chesapeake??? I think) Yeah I went to the one on milhighway, I saw the sign, didnt give them ANY business and will countine NOT to do so. I hope they change.

It was funny I was in class today and my teacher says OH YEAH we are so safe here(sarcastic tone) nothing is ever going happen here. Someone asked do you have your gun with you?(hes ret. Police)

Walk went good, 4 miles and saw a neighbour, said hello and I did the same.

Last edited:

wolf-father

Was this the one at the mall?(only one in Chesapeake??? I think) Yeah I went to the one on milhighway, I saw the sign, didnt give them ANY business and will countine NOT to do so. I hope they change.

It was funny I was in class today and my teacher says OH YEAH we are so safe here(sarcastic tone) nothing is ever going happen here. Someone asked do you have your gun with you?(hes ret. Police)

About to go on my walk, I will post back soon.

Yes that would be the one. (Chesapeake Square) I for got about the one out there.

DontTreadOnMeVa

Me and Hannah(girlfriends pit-bull) OCed at animal jungle....she tired to wontedly attack people with her tongue. She got the attention.

Also, stopped at Wawa, made Hannah stay in the truck. A girl noticed I carried....she responded by holding the door for me. :p

Good day so far!

45acpForMe

OC-ed to Walmart pharmacy to get some allergy medication and had a trouser-down-to-the-knee person in front of me in line. He seemed only a little nervous with me behind him. I was in work clothes so mostly look like a LEO.

Then I OC-ed to Anchor Pools to get more chemicals for the pool and the person I deal with 20-30 times a year all of a sudden seemed nervous because I was OC-ing. She had seen me OC before so I was confused as to why she would be nervous now. ::scratch head smiley::

OC-ed to Starbucks last night to get everyone some hot drinks to soothe sore throats. A bunch of teenagers seemed to be too self absorbed to notice me though. :)