• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

4xwcc24

Hey guys, I'm interested in a good meal get together. Don't know if you all have been to Anchor Allies, however they have great food and never an issue OCing at either location (Shore Dr. or Independence Blvd). Personally I think the location on Shore Dr. (a little past the Amphib base) is the best (original). Let me know if you all come up with something OR I can set something up. Won't be able to attend anything until after the 18th, out of pocket on travel for work. Be safe....

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Hey guys, I'm interested in a good meal get together. Don't know if you all have been to Anchor Allies, however they have great food and never an issue OCing at either location (Shore Dr. or Independence Blvd). Personally I think the location on Shore Dr. (a little past the Amphib base) is the best (original). Let me know if you all come up with something OR I can set something up. Won't be able to attend anything until after the 18th, out of pocket on travel for work. Be safe....

How about you set something up? No need to be bashful - tell us where and when, and maybe how to recognize you. (If it looks like the group may be more than 6 you might want to see if they will take a reservation.)

Post the info (along with a street address and the place's phone #) and see how many will show up.

stay safe.

4xwcc24

Skidmark - I'm on it, let me get back from travel and I'll set something up. Looking forward to meeting new friends.. I'll try to set up towards the end of August... Be safe..

wrearick

I have not been to anchor allies but am always willing to try new places. The missus and I are easy pushover's for an excuse to eat out. Let us know when and where and we will try to be there (Thursday nights are out for us). Also if you need help I would be willing to assist. Send me a PM and I will provide contact info.

wrearick

any update as we approach the end of the month?

Open Carried recently at
TCC/VA Bch Joint Use Library (outside book return, not allowed to carry inside the building but that is another thread)
Princess Anne Park
Skinny Dip
Farm fresh
Harris teeter
Kroger
Long Horn Steak House
Buffet City
(all in Princess Anne/Lynn Haven Area)

Went picking raspberries up near Markham Va. (Green Truck Farm) while OC'ing including a number of gas/food stops along the trail to and from.

rev.david.eem.fb

Open carried (S&W M&P 9) at Trader Joe's Wednesday, had a great conversation about shooting venues with one of the employees and convinced his friend to buy a Walther CCP as a primary concealed carry weapon.

Then had an employee at Home Depot (Princess Anne) thank me for carrying. She then said they could pry her weapon from her cold dead hands, though she wasn't carrying.

Another person (customer) at Trader Joe's said she was glad I was there in case she needed protection.

Great day for OC!!!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Open carried (S&W M&P 9) at Trader Joe's Wednesday, had a great conversation about shooting venues with one of the employees and convinced his friend to buy a Walther CCP as a primary concealed carry weapon.

Then had an employee at Home Depot (Princess Anne) thank me for carrying. She then said they could pry her weapon from her cold dead hands, though she wasn't carrying.

Another person (customer) at Trader Joe's said she was glad I was there in case she needed protection.

Great day for OC!!!
Good to have you posting after lurking for so long. :)

Don't be shy - come back more often.

hafnhaf

Went OC to a fund-raiser for Sheriff Deeds at Paul's Deli in Willamsburg. Had a lovely Black-and-Tan with him. There were two OCers there. Two other people came up to me and thanked me for OCing. A good time was had by all.

youngck

Went OC to a fund-raiser for Sheriff Deeds at Paul's Deli in Willamsburg. Had a lovely Black-and-Tan with him. There were two OCers there. Two other people came up to me and thanked me for OCing. A good time was had by all.
Me the other. Someone had to protect the Sheriff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

paramedic70002

Wife wanted to take the boys to see Pixels last night. Off we go to Greenbrier Mall's Cinema Cafe, me as usual OCing. No gunbuster signs on the mall door, no gunbuster signs on the theater door. After the movie, went into Lane Bryant for a little late night clothes shopping. Walked by security on our way out. Totally uneventful evening, but did see a couple of fellas wide eyed staring at me like my fly was wide open while waiting for the wife to come out of the bathroom after the movie.

BlueSquid

Wife wanted to take the boys to see Pixels last night. Off we go to Greenbrier Mall's Cinema Cafe, me as usual OCing. No gunbuster signs on the mall door, no gunbuster signs on the theater door. After the movie, went into Lane Bryant for a little late night clothes shopping. Walked by security on our way out. Totally uneventful evening, but did see a couple of fellas wide eyed staring at me like my fly was wide open while waiting for the wife to come out of the bathroom after the movie.

Well...was your barn door open? Lol.

It's interesting that you saw no victim-rich environment signs. I have been there several times in the past few weeks, since quitting smoking, to visit a vape shop I like that's near the food court. I remember seeing a sign at that entrance near the food court. They also have it in the "Behavioral Code of Conduct" on their website, as well. Of course, they also go on to say the following...

This "Behavioral Code of Conduct" is not intended to deprive any person of their applicable civil rights or liberties under the law.
If you feel your rights are being violated, please notify the mall management office.

So...yeah, not sure where to go with that.

wrearick

I could post photos of the signs that I finally found after 2 weeks of looking but it does nothing other than to burst the plausible deniability balloon and I would not want to do that. If they really don't want you to carry there they need to properly post it. Carry on....

paramedic70002

Well...was your barn door open? Lol.

It's interesting that you saw no victim-rich environment signs. I have been there several times in the past few weeks, since quitting smoking, to visit a vape shop I like that's near the food court. I remember seeing a sign at that entrance near the food court. They also have it in the "Behavioral Code of Conduct" on their website, as well. Of course, they also go on to say the following...

So...yeah, not sure where to go with that.

Nope closed up tight.

My father in law used to be the GM of that mall several years ago. I remember their Code of Conduct being posted conspicuously at the doors. Not anymore.

wrearick

It always struck me as strange dictating a code of conduct to inanimate objects. My PDF never conducts itself improperly and doesn't know how to read the signs.

wrearick

OC's over the weekend while camping at Northwest River Park in Chesapeake, both around the campsite and on the bike trails. No comments or even a raised eyebrow from the rangers. Also went in Zaxby's, Walmart, Home Depot, and Chesapeake RV Solutions down in the Hickory area of Chesapeake. No reactions at all.

2a4all

Have been OCing to the usual places, including my local pool supply.

Stopped in today to buy a couple of needed items, and the young man who waited on me asked what I was carrying. He said he'd been going to the range with a friend and trying his guns, and was looking to buy one of his own. We chatted about various options and styles of handguns, and how choosing the right one is not as easy as it looks. I mentioned my own criteria of left-handed friendliness, and he revealed he was a lefty also, so we discussed some of the things to look for in a handgun to accommodate us. We also talked about holsters and where to shop for a good one. My personal favorite is J&B Holsters.

I left him a VCDL Carry Card. I expect I'll see him at the upcoming Hampton Gun Show.