• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Wal-Mart

cdunlop

imported post

Maybe I just had a good experience; but, the Va beach Walmart I go to, I never have an issue. I bought the ammo I needed, while open while ocing, and left with it from the sporting goods counter. No questions , nothing, well lets keep pushing the issue!!!

SIGarmed229

imported post

You may have read my wifes comment on the Burke Walmart we visited earlier in the week (marineswife). I went into Walmart with her because she wanted some clothing so i went in OCing and as soon as i get in there one of the associates looks at me and walks quickly to who i am assuming is a manager or higher authority figure of walmart. The red vested man walks over to me and my wife as she is looking at the undergarments and the red vested man kinda stares at me and asks. "Are you a cop?" "No" i reply. "Are you security?" again "No" I reply. He looks at me confused and dumbfounded as i look at him with a smile. I tell him its Virginia law that enables me to open carry in this location. He smiles and says "Oh ok, I was just wondering" In a pleaseant tone of voice and walks away.

I understand that many people in the Burke Walmart dont usualy OC or see people that do and want answers as to why I am doing so or is it legal? Same response most people would give to seeing someone with a severe disabilityor extra appendage, its just not common. Thats my rant

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

SIGarmed229 wrote:
He looks at me confused and dumbfounded as i look at him with a smile. I tell him its Virginia law that enables me to open carry in this location. He smiles and says "Oh ok, I was just wondering" In a pleaseant tone of voice and walks away.
Good appraoch, although it always bothers me why US Citizens have been cowed into thinking that their conduct must be authorized by law - that's backwards, all conduct is legal unless make unlawful by statute, and even then, sometimes statutes can be struck down as going to far. E.g., Lopez.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mike, I really like that way of thinking. I do not want to live in any nation where they tell me what I can do, but rather make it known what I cannot do and had better show good cause as to why. Another of my favorite quotes applies:

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."[/i][/b]
-[/i]Plato, 427 BC-348

Ok, I'm done sucking up now......lol