• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hand on My Sidearm, All the Way to Denver! Strange Incident!

JamesB

Another good reason to live on the western slope..... I doubt the F350 would pass Denver standards.

Actually I would be really surprised if it couldn't pass the emmission standard. I have had a car that I was sure would fail, and it didn't even come close to the limits.
Less than one percent of all vehicles tested fail. It's just one more way for the government to get more money from me, and one more way they can insinuate themselves into my life.
Call it feel good legislation that pays for itself straight out of my pocket.

Logan 5

Funny thing is, if they didn't put all that crap in the fuel in the beginning, they wouldn't have to be so worried about the emissions tests. With today's technology, the smog you see in the cities, that's uncalled for. The fight to stop it has been lost as the population increases. We're better off fighting to clean the air in situ. More economical and more successful. The emissions stuff is just to generate revenue.

F350

Actually I would be really surprised if it couldn't pass the emmission standard. I have had a car that I was sure would fail, and it didn't even come close to the limits.
Less than one percent of all vehicles tested fail. It's just one more way for the government to get more money from me, and one more way they can insinuate themselves into my life.
Call it feel good legislation that pays for itself straight out of my pocket.

Let's just say there has been some "modification" work on the engine/exhaust system and leave it at that :rolleyes: