• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Handcuffed for open carry on motorcycle

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP With gun violence on the rise, you'll just have to expect for cops to be more on edge.

Brent,

Just to give you a little heads-up, the term "gun-violence" is an anti-gunner term, invented to artificially distinguish between violence committed with a firearm and any other kind of violence. Notice it does not even distinguish between gun violence and gun crime. The term is broad enough to include lawful self-defense.

Crime is crime; violent crime is violent crime. All are done by criminals, not guns. There is no reason to distinguish between a violent crime committed with a gun and a violent crime committed with a knife or other potentially lethal instrument. Unless one is an anti-gunner and needs to portray guns as a problem.

Thus, I try to avoid using the other side's terminology. It just gives legitimacy to their argument. As they say, he who defines the argument has already half won.

Last edited:

ccwinstructor

Centurion
"Gun Violence" is a statest term

Brent,

Just to give you a little heads-up, the term "gun-violence" is an anti-gunner term, invented to artificially distinguish between violence committed with a firearm and any other kind of violence. Notice it does not even distinguish between gun violence and gun crime. The term is broad enough to include lawful self-defense.

Crime is crime; violent crime is violent crime. All are done by criminals, not guns. There is no reason to distinguish between a violent crime committed with a gun and a violent crime committed with a knife or other potentially lethal instrument. Unless one is an anti-gunner and needs to portray guns as a problem.

Thus, I try to avoid using the other side's terminology. It just gives legitimacy to their argument. As they say, he who defines the argument has already half won.

You are absolutely correct. "Gun Violence" is a statist term that delegitimizes the use of guns. Violence is in itself neutral, like gravity. It can be used for good or evil. It is part of the statist word games that they try to make violence itself evil, because if their opponents disown any violence, they win. Defensive violence is required if freedom is to survive.