• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happy Thanksgiving!

amlevin

The guns are literaly from WWII. They were used on aircraft like the Mustangs. They still rock-n-roll.

Actually go back farther than that. End of WWI was when Browning designed the first one. Became the M-2 in 1933.

Showed up on aircraft in the '20s.

If I am correct, it is the longest serving weapon in the US Military Arsenal.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Yeah, that would have been pretty awesome gogo. Not so sure I would like to sit and have a meal with our current Commander in Chief. We were served a great meal by our CO, SgtMaj and a few other officers.

I don't think you will have to worry about a meal in Iraq/Afganistan with the current CiC, he was busy taking a shot to his chin today.

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama needed 12 stitches in his upper lip after taking an errant elbow during a pickup basketball game Friday morning with family and friends visiting for the Thanksgiving holiday, the White House said.

sempercarry

Actually go back farther than that. End of WWI was when Browning designed the first one. Became the M-2 in 1933.

Showed up on aircraft in the '20s.

If I am correct, it is the longest serving weapon in the US Military Arsenal.

So close....it's the longest serving firearm in the us military. Longest serving weapon is the Mameluke sword carried by Marine officers.