• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

harassed at Rainbow Library branch for empty holster

The Big Guy

I have informed the security company that we contract with, Allied Barton of the situation so that it can be addressed with their staff and hopefully similar interactions, that may occur in the future, can be handled in a more productive manner for all those involved.
Las Vegas, NV 89113

Well Deputy Director, COO, Robb Morss, they need to address with their staff that it should not have happened AT ALL!!! If you train them correctly there will be no future occurances, hence no possible litigation. Get it?

TBG

28kfps

My response.

First thank you very much for the quick response. I have no doubt you have heard 2 different stories. I understand in can be very difficult when not present for the incidents. I would like to call to your attention to another issue since you do oversee this area. And that is the NRS covering public buildings. As stated in the Library rules of conduct.

Firearms are prohibited as outlined in NRS 202.3673

I hope you would be aware that this NRS only covers conceal carry. The cities of Boulder, Henderson and the DMV of Nevada have recognized this recently, and changed or are in the process of changing signs to read that this pertains to conceal carry only. Those of us and, there are many in Nevada, who open carry would be exempt from this. I have been in contact with Ms Goodrich on this matter but she has not responded in some time. What this means is that if I had carried my pistol that day I would have been within the law. I would hope you will move to have the signage changed and also inform the staff. If you have any questions on this matter I would be happy to send you the letters from the various cities and DMV that have assured us of this, so that you may contact them to confirm this.

Skillfully writing in my eyes. Politely and firmly keeping the heat on. I agree, gramps putting his hand on the butt of his gun if that is what he did is not a sign of wanting to welcome you with a handshake.

MKEgal

MilitaryMike said:
I might have called the police in the parking lot over being threatened by a man with a gun in the library who also was sexually harassing me. That would make an awesome lawsuit!
I like the way you think.
Besides, EVERY company has some policy about "no sexual harassment".
Complain to the library board, and contact the company itself. They surely can determine who was working that day.

MilitaryMike said:
I would have asked her how she expected me to ask to speak with someone in charge when I had a security guard asking me to leave and threatening me with deadly force (hand on gun).
+1