• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harassment in Oakland County

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

The reason I brought up the zoo at all was to avoid being blindsided by some technicality. I agree with the position of using open carry to comply with the laws invoked by them posting the sign. I have to agree that preemption should rule in this case. Also, I would have never ever guessed that they even might have a seating capacity, much less than the 2500 person limit:shock: required to put the public at a disadvantage against the locals.

I think a picnic is a great idea. As long as we can work out the attorney beforehand. It might be cheaper, if we brought one to the event.:cool:

conservative85

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Apparently, the Detroit Zoological Society owns the DZoo. If I read the History correctly, the Zoo is private property. :(

http://www.detroitzoo.org/About/About_the_Zoo/Detroit_Zoological_Society/
I think the relevant question was regardless if the Zoo is Private or Public but whether the Zoo received Public Monies. Not sure if it would still override the Zoo's Private property rights but I think that is where the debate stalled.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
Apparently, the Detroit Zoological Society owns the DZoo. If I read the History correctly, the Zoo is private property. :(

http://www.detroitzoo.org/About/About_the_Zoo/Detroit_Zoological_Society/
I think the relevant question was regardless if the Zoo is Private or Public but whether the Zoo received Public Monies. Not sure if it would still override the Zoo's Private property rights but I think that is where the debate stalled.
I totally missed the link provided by Mikestilly on Page 3 of this thread about the DZoo. We can continue discussion there so this thread doesn't get so mucked up.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I still have not heard from sherriff Bouchard, its been almost 2 weeks.

Today, I went to the sherriffs office in pontiac, and asked for the FOIA, they sent me to the registration place (behind the jail where you file for the CPL), the lady there called the court (52-2) and they said I had to go down there and get a "motion for discovery" I think.They saidathough the ticket is marked as acivil infraction, thejudge could then make it either a misdemeanor, ora felony. When Igot to the court, and asked for thediscovery thing,the lady at the desk said that she could not give me legal advice, huh? I said to her that I wanted to get a form that asks for the records, video tapes, etc. that go to my case, a FOIA, and she said again that she wasnt able to give me legal advice. Only an attorney could get this information, or I could go to the law library and try to find out how to get the information from there. But she gave me the prosecutors number, and said I could call her to discuss the case if I wanted to. The lady at the court said that I could ask the judge for the information at the pretrial. Pretrial? The paper I got said that I have a hearing, I didnt know about any pretrial, Ithought I was going in on monday the 11th, for a hearing like the paper says. She said I would get a public defender before the hearing if I needed one. Doesnt this cost more money? How is the defender supposed to be able to help if I cant meet him/her until the day of court? They wont know anything about the case! If I have to go to a pretrial, then that must mean that I will have to go back to court later, probably a few months from now, meanwhile, my licence is suspended, and I diddnt do anything wrong to begin with. I thought that I would go to court monday, tell the judge what happened, and be done with it. Now I am hearing things like "could be a felony," and "they are trying this under state law", and that there will be more court after the 11th. I just dont know what to do. I cant aford an attorney, I cant afford a fine, I dont know how this got from a civil infraction to a felony, I dont know about these public defenders, or if they add costs which I cannot pay, or even if I can trust them.

I was just trying to enjoy a warm afternoon with my daughter. :cuss:

:banghead:

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I spoke with an attorney, who has agreed to take the case for free.

One of you sent me a PM with her name and number, THANK YOU!!!

She told me that I have to remove what I said about the case because they could use it against me, I will put it back up after the dust settles.