• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 2792 passes, please contact Senator Prozanski and Senator Courtney Now!

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Got this reply this evening after sending in OFF's suggested letter to Hanna, I guess this means he supports it in its entirety?

Thanks for your note regarding HB 2792. Speaker Hanna supported this bill when it was considered in the House. He still supports the House version.

press1280

Wow what a shock. Good ole committee chair headed by an anti-gun Democrat(probably in a safe district) killing pro-gun bills that have an excellent shot of passing. It's unfortunately the same story in so many states. I honestly wish the committee systems would be abolished or at least changed so that either the whole committee must vote on each bill or a way for popular bills to be able to get around committee.
The idea that OR shouldn't recognize ALL state permits seems ridiculous. It's basically saying that you're willing to restrict OR's permit recognition in other states on the off chance that a PA or GA resident will come to OR and accidentally shoot someone because they didn't require training. Has there ever been an accidental discharge by a CCW holder(in another state) because they didn't know how to operate the gun????

We-the-People

Ummmmm we don't require firearms training (hands on) either. Just that we've had "gun safety" instruction. The course I attended was worthless. The "instructor" didn't teach us the LAW he taught his opinion (which was more anti than anything else) which included that we couldnt' open carry once we got our permit.

Considering how easy our CHL is to get if you're a law abiding citizen, a short class (mine was 4 hours) or show a DD214, hunter safety course, etc., fill out the paperwork and submit your finger prints, then SHALL isssue.....I think it would be a losing argument to debate the merits of reciprocity based on another state not have a training requirement for a CHL.

press1280

Ummmmm we don't require firearms training (hands on) either. Just that we've had "gun safety" instruction. The course I attended was worthless. The "instructor" didn't teach us the LAW he taught his opinion (which was more anti than anything else) which included that we couldnt' open carry once we got our permit.

Considering how easy our CHL is to get if you're a law abiding citizen, a short class (mine was 4 hours) or show a DD214, hunter safety course, etc., fill out the paperwork and submit your finger prints, then SHALL isssue.....I think it would be a losing argument to debate the merits of reciprocity based on another state not have a training requirement for a CHL.

You do require some kind of instruction. A few states don't require anything. I definitely agree that you're giving up freedom(right to carry in other states) just to prevent an out of state CCWer from carrying in OR because they may have not had any instruction. Although I suppose it can happen, I'd say most people who choose to carry have already received instruction whether its required or not.

We-the-People

You do require some kind of instruction. A few states don't require anything. I definitely agree that you're giving up freedom(right to carry in other states) just to prevent an out of state CCWer from carrying in OR because they may have not had any instruction. Although I suppose it can happen, I'd say most people who choose to carry have already received instruction whether its required or not.

When I got my CHL here, had I been more active in the OC and CC "issue" I would have pressed the issue of state law. They didn't want to accept my DD214 (military discharge) even though state law specifically lists it as one of the acceptable "proofs of firearms safety training". Not to mention the pistol expert badge I was awarded multiple times.

Oh well, I got a few good laughs from the "instructor" both in the class and later before I decided to never spend another dime in the gun store that keep him employed. The last straw was when this INSTRUCTOR said "I don't care what the law says". YIKES

Window_Seat

It's looking like this thing has passed, but I could be wrong on that...

HB 2792 passes the Senate

• Introduced in House
  • Passed House
  • Passed Senate

• Signed into law :question:
Edited to remove the dancing bananas because I thought this was the reciprocity bill, but it appears that it is not...

Erik.

Last edited:

VW_Factor

HB 2792 passes the Senate

• Introduced in House
  • Passed House
  • Passed Senate

• Signed into law :question:
Edited to remove the dancing bananas because I thought this was the reciprocity bill, but it appears that it is not...

Erik.

Both good and bad in this bill. Removed capability to ask for rights back.. However they did clear up ATV carry, etc..

Overall, lawmakers did not listen to us.

randian

The Senate version is related to the house version only insofar as they share bill numbers. They are entirely different bills and the reconciliation process should kill both (which is exactly what Prozanski wants). How can we get around him and introduce the real 2792 to the full Senate?

Window_Seat

I believe that the Legislative session is over, but don't quote me on that. If so, my suggestion would be for the same lawmaker who introduced 2792 to introduce a CC bill for residents & non-residents, and reintroduce 2787 at the same time. Give Prozanski a "be careful what you wish for" moment to think about.

Oregon is #1 when it comes to personal freedoms, and they need to add horsepower to that status so as to pull away from the rest.

Erik.

Window_Seat

What stops Prozanski from killing both bills, just like he killed the 3 gun bills last session?

Very simple...

Your_fired.bmp

^^And what he said when the hand got slapped on the boardroom table and index finger extended...

Erik.

VW_Factor

Prozanki has seriously irritated a lot of people with what he did with our bills this session. :( I don't think there will be much we can do until he is gone.