• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB11-1205, Constitution Carry, Final Passage Tommorow!

Anubis

so until you are 21 you can't conceal it only open carry?

Yes. The bill extends the same right as the CC permit law does now, which requires minimum age 21.

I'm hoping to do a cross country motorcycle ride this summer. Colorado is one of the places i want to check out. If i can't carry in CO, I'll avoid it like the plague.

Regardless whether 1205 passes, vehicle carry of a loaded handgun is legal without permit in Colorado. Open carry is also legal outside Denver without permit. If you can legally own a handgun, you are fine with either of these.

Last edited:

jhco50

It was just on the news that a bill allowing concealed carry without a county license just passed the house in Colorado. Now it goes to the senate. Wouldn't that be cool if it passed?

I wonder, with the increasing open carry, if this is their way of hiding our guns?

Last edited:

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
It was just on the news that a bill allowing concealed carry without a county license just passed the house in Colorado. Now it goes to the senate. Wouldn't that be cool if it passed?

I wonder, with the increasing open carry, if this is their way of hiding our guns?

that's a very good point

Well, either way, either OC or CC is free. Who cares the reason? :)

Gunslinger

The Senate is the next issue, then Hick. I think if it passes the Senate--means democraps have to support it, Hick will sign it as the will of the people. But I can only go 50-50 on passing the Senate.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Links to your CO Senatorial Resources

If you'd like to e-mail your Sentator, or appear on the floor to testify on this bill, please use the following resources.

Update: The bill passed the House. It will next be scheduled for committee review in the Senate. A committee must be proportional, that is, they're composed of the same proportion of parties as is the entire Senate. Don't be discouraged by the fact the Senate has more Democrats than Republicans, as the bill passed 45 to 25 in the House, so a lot of Dems supported it. If it passes committee review, it will be introduced to the Senate as a whole, for its vote before being forwarded to Governor Hickenlooper.

Find your Senator - Use this link to locate the e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number of your Senator. It is ESPECIALLY important for you to contact your Senator by all means if your Senator is a Democrat! Of the 25 members of the House who voted no, most of them were Democrats.

I called my Senator about an hour ago and received a wealth of information! I was able to give some information, too. :)

Note: If you don't know your district, just click on the districts until you find mention of your county. There are 35, so on average, you'll only have to check 18 of them. :)

Find HB11-1205, here - Use this link to find the bills page, then select bill range for 1201-1250 and click Go. Ours is 5th from the top.

Once there, you can review the latest version of the bill, all previous versions, and its history of House, Senate, and committee reviews. Also available are committee reports, fiscal notes, etc.

Committe Page - Use this link to find out which committee it's in and the status of it's progress in committee.

Here's the Senate Calendar - Use this link to find out when the bill is scheduled for Senate review. That's the day you can visit our state capitol, appear at the times indicate for its review (get there early), and possibly even testify. I've been told time will be very tight, as in 30 seconds per person, so please write and rehearse what you're going to say.

That's all for now.

- since9

Last edited:

Pace

Spoke to Dudley @ RMGO, does not believe this will be passed, that the senate will make it die. However, lets be hopeful.

Flyer22

My Senator is John Morse. He's the Majority Leader. He's also one of the more anti-gun members. When it became apparent that this would pass the House, he stated that it would be DOA when it reached the Senate.

I really, really want it to pass partly just to spite him. :lol:

mahkagari

My Senator is John Morse. He's the Majority Leader. He's also one of the more anti-gun members. When it became apparent that this would pass the House, he stated that it would be DOA when it reached the Senate.

I really, really want it to pass partly just to spite him. :lol:

Is that what he said when you called him?

sportrider

I hope this passes!!!! I was getting started on getting my CCW until I heard about this, now I'm going to wait and see what happens. I have talked to a few local police and was surprised they didn't support the bill. their reason was it was one less thing they could charge a gangbanger with when they catch them CC.

mahkagari

So, they are arresting a gangbanger for multiple felonies, and they enthuse about adding a misdemeanor charge. Maybe they can catch him spitting on the sidewalk too.

*snort*

Sportsrider, I would still pursue the training if you haven't. It's good info to have in your arsenal.