• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Headline - "Open Carry:Group armed with long guns stroll weekly through Carytown"

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by B. Reddy
But "typical grouchy OFWG crowd"?!?! Maybe there is some PR work ahead?
I are not grouchy. I are a curmudgeon.
stay safe.
......and NOT "typical" either :lol:

Blk97F150

Related from WRIC.com. If someone has the opportunity to watch the 5pm news report, can you please provide an update?

Shoppers have voiced their fear of the men, saying it makes them less likely to head out to Carytown. Business owners in the area have also responded with outrage over the group frequently frightening their customers.

Tim Wronka will have more in his report tonight on 8News at 5 p.m. Watch on air and online for updates.

Full Article: http://www.wric.com/story/26139954/open-carry-in-carytown-causing-uproar

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It's pretty sad when the only thing the Carytown bunch can gripe about are these kids. They're the most unimposing bunch of OC'ers I've ever met.....almost geeky.

Now I've spent some time in Carytown at night, often very early in the morning on business. Recently to meet with a film producer from NY and that is an uncomfortable place when the sun goes down.

Maybe these shoppers should take a look at what's in the shadows before they fuss about OC'ers, long guns or not.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It's pretty sad when the only thing the Carytown bunch can gripe about are these kids. They're the most unimposing bunch of OC'ers I've ever met.....almost geeky.

Now I've spent some time in Carytown at night, often very early in the morning on business. Recently to meet with a film producer from NY and that is an uncomfortable place when the sun goes down.

Maybe these shoppers should take a look at what's in the shadows before they fuss about OC'ers, long guns or not.

Indeed = go a block to either side or down Cary St. a few more blocks and the denizens of the night are just gearing up :uhoh: